• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs SSL issue

larryk

Regular Pleskian
Username: larryk

TITLE

SSL issue

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS Linux 7.5.1804 (Core)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #95, last updated on Mar 9, 2021 03:19 AM

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

After a domain SSL with Let's Encrypt has been working fine, randomly, a site will show this error

Your connection is not private​

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.test.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

To get Chrome’s highest level of security, turn on enhanced protection
ReloadHide advanced
www.test.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.test.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.test.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
You cannot visit www.test.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

NOTE: The first time I saw this: March 25, 2021.
To my knowledge, the sites where this happened, NOTHING was done on the site, domain, etc.

It just randomly happened.

Today, 5 sites have seen this problem out of 60.

While the simple, easy fix is to click the "Reissue certificate" button,
you can understand this is a HUGE, HUGE problem.

The site doesn't work and/or you DON"T want to see a big message saying... SSL Problem.
etc. etc.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

it is random?
it just happens to some domains.

ACTUAL RESULT

on sites affected, you get the big error:

Your connection is not private​

EXPECTED RESULT

the site should load up normally, all the time.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Question - Why did Let's Encrypted stop working, all of a sudden.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

Hi, to investigate your problem, we need more detailed information about your system:
  • logs with enabled debug for the period the issue occurred,
  • name of the domain or domains on which the issue occurred,
  • text of the ssl certificate,
  • screenshots of the SslIt! extension with the installed certificate

Hi,
I like using Plesk and don't intend to stop using Plesk.
However, 11 days for a reply? It seems I have to pay to submit a bug like problem or wait 11+ days :(

I'm guessing something was wrong with my server, as it seems NO ONE else has brought it up??? But I did see people with similar issues on Let's Encrypt form.
BUT I really can't comprehend what changed and the randomness of the issue.

Whether it was an unique Plesk issue or a Let's Encrypt issue or mabye it was just something oddly went wrong on my server...

I moved on, as I wasn't getting any help.
I moved to Plesk 18 on a new server.

cheers

I like using Plesk and don't intend to stop using Plesk.
However, 11 days for a reply? It seems I have to pay to submit a bug like problem or wait 11+ days
It's nice that you like Plesk and keep using it with the new, better version. But I want to point out that this is a community forum, not an official Plesk Support Helpdesk. And expecting instant help here is a bit strange. If you want to get an answer to your problem as quickly as possible, I would advise you to contact Plesk Support Team.

As I understand, you have no answers to the questions of our developer, and the problem is no longer actual?

As I understand, you have no answers to the questions of our developer, and the problem is no longer actual?
I'm sure the issue still exists in some form or fashion, but I'm assuming it will not be on the new Plesk 18 system.

But you are correct, I am no longer concerned about the issue.

Back