• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

SSL setup - nginx

IulianOlaru

Basic Pleskian
Hello there,
I am trying to setup a GoDaddy ssl certificate for nginx. I am using CentOS 6.5 with plesk 11.5 and for some reason, the ssl is not working.

I have followed the exact instructions provided by the nginx docs, as well as godaddy and several other tutorials that i have found over the internet.

Is it possible for someone to guide me through this please? Its already been quite a while since i am trying and trying again.

If the site has it's own dedicated IP go to

Code:
Plesk -> Tools & Settings -> SSL Certificates -> Add New

and the go to

Code:
Plesk -> Tools & Settings -> IP Addresses -> Click on the domains IP address -> And Select the Certificate and the site from the list.

If The IP Address is shared, go to...

Code:
Plesk -> Domains -> Select Domain -> Secure your site -> Add your SSL and ok.

Then go up a level and select "Hosting Settings" and select the SSL from the drop down menu and click ok.

Files to include...

Private Key - Your Private Key
Certificate - The domains certificate
CA - The intermediate/s certificate/s (not the root, you will get chain issues)

And test at https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html

I hope that helps.
Regards

Lloyd

EDIT: And a guide from 123-Reg

Last edited:
That would surely work if i was using apache but in my situation, i am using nginx. I have followed a lot of tutorials on installing a ssl on nginx but with no positive results.

My ip is shared.

Apache or Nginx the installation of a SSL Certificate is the same..described above.

What do the logs show? And what errors do you get? Do you get any from the panel?

I haven't tried with the panel yet because from what i have seen over the internet, installing the SSL for nginx is done only by command line. I will give it a try and get back to you. Thanks for the willingness to help.

No problem, glad to help.

Yeah you need to do it in Plesk (described above) so all the relevant files get written, and you'll be fine :)

Kind regards

Lloyd

Back