• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ssl_error_rx_record_too_long when using qmail SMTP over SSL

D

DanielSte

Hello,

I'm using plesk10 for Hosting a Maildomain. I have installed SSL Certificates for qmail and Webmailer etc..

For the last 3 days everything went fine. But today I received a call from a client that he couldn't send Mail using Outlook any more. He got the Error-Message "ssl_error_rx_record_too_long".

I opened my local Thunderbird and tried to send a mail using my Testaccount for this domain and I got the same error.

Then I tried another Testaccount but this account always could send mail without any problems.

So some accounts work, some don't.

The I deleted the account with error from thunderbird and configured it again using the exact same settings.

And now it's working and I cannot reproduce the problem any more.

But the clients still keep getting this error.

So any better ideas than telling 700 Users to reconfigure their Outlook clients?

For christmal I wish that I can finally care about other thinks than this piece of **** mail server and perhaps have some sleep again. Your Plesk is killing me....

Back