• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SSLIT Geotrust wildcard certificate - Still pending

pedrumgolriz

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 6.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #94
Hello,
I ordered a GeoTrust wildcard certificate and had it approved by DigiCert, but it still shows as pending after a week. I read online it may be because of the phone number in the "Domain Control Validation" section. I noticed that the phone number in that section is different from the one I provided and validated by DigiCert. How do I go about changing this number? Is it on Plesk? I already contacted DigiCert and waiting to hear back from them.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 11.30.59 AM.png

Update: DigiCert said that the HTTP validation was not working. So they gave me a DNS Zone record to enter. Waiting for these changes to propagate...

Hi, pedrumgolriz!

It seems you are using old (EOLed) version of CentOS and of Plesk Control Panel. It means OS, Plesk, extension(s) may not have some latest changes/updates. The DigiCert policy for wildcard certificates was changed, right. Since January 2022, the DigiCert extension does not allow using this type of validation. My biggest concern is the fact that, since EOL of Plesk Onyx, some of extensions (incl. DigiCert ext.) stop receiving updates.

I would like to suggest contacting the Plesk Support team to discuss the possible solution(s).

Hi, pedrumgolriz!

It seems you are using old (EOLed) version of CentOS and of Plesk Control Panel. It means OS, Plesk, extension(s) may not have some latest changes/updates. The DigiCert policy for wildcard certificates was changed, right. Since January 2022, the DigiCert extension does not allow using this type of validation. My biggest concern is the fact that, since EOL of Plesk Onyx, some of extensions (incl. DigiCert ext.) stop receiving updates.

I would like to suggest contacting the Plesk Support team to discuss the possible solution(s).
Thank you for your suggestion. I just got off the phone with DigiCert and they were able to handle the issue on their side. The SSL is now issued :)

Back