• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Stats Only Access

PleskSpider

New Pleskian
What is the best way to setup stats for a particular website if the client needs access to only web stats?

For ease of operations I thought to setup all websites under a single reseller account and with a single subscription. However, when you setup a panel user to provide access to the web stats of a single website, the user sees all the websites under that subscription. I know you can setup a panel user where they are denied access to all but one application (such as WordPress), but is there any way that a user can be restricted to seeing only their own profile and the stats for a single domain name?

NOTE: This is not the same question posted here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?296355-Access-Panel-User-vs-Subscription-User While it is related, I have different concerns depending on the circumstances of each client I'm working with.

Last edited:
Thank you AJ. When I looked at that I noticed the permissions were created (by Plesk) with the owner and group being "root". I also noticed that the file manager allows one to "Remove", "Change Timestamp", "Copy/Move", "Calculate Size", "Extract Files", and "Add to Archive", but not "Change Permissions". So how would you assign this directory to the Customer account (or would it be the Subscription account) without manually doing everything in ssh? And if you manually changed permissions would it interfere with the generation of the stats? The single URL directory would definitely work if permissions were easily manipulated, but it seems like you'd still prefer the option to create a Control Panel and hide and lock any tab for that user (in this case, all the tabs except Home, Statistics, and Account).

The plesk stats are "Read Only", why would you want to change permissions for it? The root user/group it has is intentional and it's supposed not to be deleted, moved or even edited.

So... how exactly would you permit Customer (or Subscription account) to view the /plesk-stat/diectory stats?

Original question: "What is the best way to setup stats for a particular website if the client needs access to only web stats?"

Thanks -

Am not sure I understand your query, however as I know to access /plesk-stat/ directory they will be prompted to login and the default username / password are the ftp logins.

That's exactly what I was trying to do, but I was using the Customer account and (for obviously reasons) it wouldn't work. It's the Subscription account (aka the "System" account) that has permissions for the stats on any website in that Subscription. Got it now.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back