• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Still problems with Plesk Premium eMail

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I thought my problems were solved but I still have problems using Plesk Premium eMail.
The calendar Sync is not working on any client (Android/Win 10 Outlook) and I have no function at all on Outlook clients (I can establish a connection but no Mails or Events are displayed / synced.

My error log (/var/log/kolab-syncroton) is showing this all the time:
[2021-Aug-23 13:54:20 +0000]: PHP Error: Required kolabcalendaring module not found (POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&User=user&DeviceId=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&DeviceType=WindowsOutlook15)
[23-Aug-2021 13:54:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class EventCal, because the name is already in use in /usr/share/php/kolabcalendaring.php on line 0

There seems not to be a public access to the Kolab forum or GIT. This is why I am saking here.

Best regards
Onki

Sure - I would never ask for help before I haven't tried such things.

Best regards
Onki

Hi,

I thought my problems were solved but I still have problems using Plesk Premium eMail.
The calendar Sync is not working on any client (Android/Win 10 Outlook) and I have no function at all on Outlook clients (I can establish a connection but no Mails or Events are displayed / synced.

My error log (/var/log/kolab-syncroton) is showing this all the time:
[2021-Aug-23 13:54:20 +0000]: PHP Error: Required kolabcalendaring module not found (POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&User=user&DeviceId=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&DeviceType=WindowsOutlook15)
[23-Aug-2021 13:54:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class EventCal, because the name is already in use in /usr/share/php/kolabcalendaring.php on line 0

There seems not to be a public access to the Kolab forum or GIT. This is why I am saking here.

Best regards
Onki
hey dude
same problam !!!!

What is your operating system?

I was using Plesk eMail on my previous virtual server with Ubuntu 16.04 without any problem.
Due to the end of live of 16.04 I migrated to a new V-server with Ubuntu 20.04 and since that time I am having problems.

Best regards
Onki

Hi,

I have asked my hoster for supporet and they can contact Kolab support. It is really a pity that there is no direct support possible.

The situation is as follows.
The Outlook mail sync seems to work now but just on new created mailboxes. When using an existing (migrated from my ubuntu 16.04 server) mailbox I can authenticate and send mail but all other messages are not synced. With a new created mailbox it seems to work. I will try to backup my old mailbox, delete it, re-create it and migrate the old contents.
Calendar sync does not seem to work in outlook at all. Kolab is evaluating that.

To get rid of the error message the following shoud be performed.
Just comment the line in /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.d/kolab.ini :
extension=kolabcalendaring.so

to
**;extension=kolabicalendar.so**

I will keep you posted if I get more info.

Is there any useful way to delete the old mailbox and keep the contents or any repair function?

Best regards
Onki

Update:

Sorry - you just have to comment the line shown in the second quote. Forget about the first one. This one remains untouched.

Best regards
Onki

Hi again,

I got some feedback from my hoster. After a mail backup I have deleted my complete mail account in Plesk and created it again right after that.
Using Mail Store Home I was able to copy all mails before. All mails have been uploaded back to the new mailbox and now Outlook seems to work properly.
I can sync my mails, contacts and even calendar. My only problem is that my wife's mailbox is still showing the same problem than mine before.
Since it is twice as big as mine I want to avoid all this mail down and upload.

Is there any repaiur feature or tool to get this done easier. Pleask repari mail [mydomain] was done without any change.

Best regards
Onki

Hi, I can confirm this- after a transfer from 16.04 to 20.04 certain email accounts seem to be broken calendarwise. Some customers are obviously furious about this, the only hints I get are found in roundcubemail logs:
[18-Feb-2022 16:54:54 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class EventCal, because the name is already in use in /usr/share/php/kolabcalendaring.php on line 0
[2022-Feb-18 16:54:55 +0000]: <23b1c691> PHP Error: Required kolabcalendaring module not found (GET /jGtDerIKHyYfY9A2/?_task=calendar&_action=count&source%5B%5D=--invitation--pending&_remote=1&_unlock=0&_=1645203293826)
[18-Feb-2022 16:54:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class EventCal, because the name is already in use in /usr/share/php/kolabcalendaring.php on line 0

To clarify further: We've installed 20.04 and imported a full server backup file, which was previously created by the same plesk version, and imported that. Everything worked out just fine and we were actually quite amazed at how well it worked. However, this is a huge issue. We obviously reinstalled the Premium Mail Plugin, yet some calendars and tasks are broken. We cannot afford to simply delete and redo the mailboxes, what is causing this issue in the first place? Is there any way to fix this? I can't tell my customers "oh sorry we just lost all of your calendars because uhhhhh I don't know why"...

I would greatly appreciate some input on this.

This thing seems to be super fragile- we recreated the mailbox for testing purposes, imported the mails from the backup account and recreated the calendar.

Sometimes the import of an .ics calendar doesn't work out, it throws a general "error" and the calendar page of that email account is broken again, together all of its calendars, with these messages being the only helpful errors again:

[2022-Feb-19 08:04:17 +0000]: <c13bd025> PHP Error: Required kolabcalendaring module not found (GET /jA8bbnzEVXPt7zVx/?_task=calendar&source=Q2FsX0Rhdl9BbGV4&_action=load_events&start=2022-01-31&end=2022-03-14&_=1645257825703)
[2022-Feb-19 08:06:25 +0000]: <c13bd025> PHP Error: Required kolabcalendaring module not found (POST /jA8bbnzEVXPt7zVx/?_task=calendar&_id=&_uploadid=1645257976436&_from=&_action=import_events)
[19-Feb-2022 08:06:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class EventCal, because the name is already in use in /usr/share/php/kolabcalendaring.php on line 0
[2022-Feb-19 08:06:40 +0000]: <c13bd025> PHP Error: Required kolabcalendaring module not found (POST /jA8bbnzEVXPt7zVx/?_task=calendar&_id=&_uploadid=1645257989657&_from=&_action=import_events)

We were lucky this time that Thunderbird was configured for offline usage and had the complete calendar file intact. Is the calendar file available somewhere in the backup files? If so, where exactly? At least we would have a way of fixing this ourselves, eventough not in an elegant way.

Back