• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Strange Apache Log Entry

Sysop

Basic Pleskian
I noticed just now looking at the logs for one the domains I manage there's an entry that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 12.40.51 PM.png

Here's the text:

2021-04-24 06:38:13 Access #??J ?H6HB??K ?в*???{?乄?݈뮻X0??}?o?L>f l????A[OG?_????????q?ˀ??D??b}?C?a????[???e2?p?)?Ђ???(????? ??O?^??ГVw0C9?R:?1(??Ȟckz%?7܆??ckm;? .b????j?o?5????>?8*?.S???????3-?????n?c??_/`w??l ???*?<???8??r%˱EN?B???<퀦? o*5?bp?n?7?? ?JEDȸ?*?#?ƈ??P#?|cI?S"????b???y
^?v3I???rUKbWq`J???y6?B?i?D???ڸ??K?????-??bv.x36?????????R~?tn/)?X:wF??Ξ????3;?????<~u????y2??дѹ\?ʥ?GM?v?ǡ?`??.b=/?KU?◊ޣ?u?gv<
D?~t?/?/o ?Zz??X?1?6A?(?x)??-V?%???@vwU^c????a?????j3??CG?
2??4?n??rk????.ok?/?aj????,k9"?% ??!?+???9(r>*??%?z?j:jN??et X~?W?űS?e?I???/fUb????5?"%?W????J???MQ?+$??-?q?!
*?F??j?q0ѽrnL<t???4???D???qp?\
??!0?b???T??Z?Y???j?\覆????w???J?ʩ??
?d5?Te??'騂?Bt?I??u2??1??Ƽγ??kM=?X1?b?o?I?(=:0??f'M= 0 Apache SSL/TLS access

Anyone have an idea of what that's all about?

It might be a corrupted entry that was done while the server crashed. This sometimes leaves strange artifacts in files.

EDITED -

Experiencing the same issue.

To me this seems to be happening after a Apache process gets Killed for some reason (eg - Server running out of memory)

You can remove the /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain_name>/access_ssl_log.processed files

Then it will solve the issue until the Apache process gets Killed again.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. I have also deleted this file, but it did not bring any success.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Unbenannt1.JPG
    Unbenannt1.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 3
I have the same problem.
I am running two domains.
Only one of the domains has strange logs.
Also, when I search the logs in the terminal using the search word "04/Jun", no strange logs appear.

I would like to solve this problem.

Attachments

• 20210603_a.gif
    20210603_a.gif
    36 KB · Views: 4
There is not the strange apache log today.
I think there was something wrong with the ownership of the file.
I didn't touch it, though.
The ownership of the apache logs by domain today is "root:root".
I remember that was not "root:root" when the strange logs were occurring.

I just opened another thread for this ! didn't notice it's being a trending issue !
Started to get such entries recently, it never happened for years.. something is odd happening

Tried emptying the log file.. no use

Those entries aren't logged in the files.. they just appear in the log viewer

@yaswaka mine is root:root I remember this is how it is supposed to be.. still it's strange that those entries aren't being logged anyways.. they just show in the log viewer

Last edited:
plesk support

This may be a workaround.
However, I don't know because I haven't changed anything and I haven't seen any strange logs today.
Thank you, at least it's confirmed as a bug, that's relieving enough

I've also checked, indeed it seems it has gone.. I think Plesk team is doing something

Back