• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Strange characters;

Fabio7586

New Pleskian
In my plesk control panel, in the search panel is shown "Search..." when i switch to english language; When i switch language to italian, it show "Cerca੣" instead "Cerca...".

Can you help me to resolve this issue? Same behavior in my shop magento2 where list in the footer is showed so:

൐ Terms
൐ Conditions
etc..

instead

▶ Terms
▶Conditions
etc..

Please Help me!

Hi Fabio7586,

you might experience such issues when you missed to configure the locale - settings on your server, or ( at your Plesk Control Panel ), if you missed to update the "psa-locale..." or/and "plesk-l10n..." package.

If you would consider to post more informations ( current operating system, current Plesk version ( incl. #MU ), we could guide you with examples commands. ;)

Hi Fabio7586,

you might experience such issues when you missed to configure the locale - settings on your server, or ( at your Plesk Control Panel ), if you missed to update the "psa-locale..." or/and "plesk-l10n..." package.

If you would consider to post more informations ( current operating system, current Plesk version ( incl. #MU ), we could guide you with examples commands. ;)

I have installed plesk via web installer; i retrieve license from web and then i have installed magento; after that i have changed language on plesk and magento.

Plesk Version: Plesk Onyx v17.5.3_build1705170317.16 os_Ubuntu 16.04
SO: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

Not sure what MU is, but i hope you can find in the plesk version that i provided

I have already launched locale in ssh console and result is:

LANG=it_IT.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

then i launched

/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --update -locale it-IT
SUCCESS: Administrator's preferences are successfully updated

Last edited:
Hi Fabio7586,

the recommend way to get the current Plesk version ( incl. #MU ) and the current operating system is the usage of the command:
Code:
plesk version
;)

Pls. consider to use ( on Ubuntu/Debian - based systems and for italien preferences ):
Code:
locale-gen it_IT.UTF-8
update-locale LANG=it_IT.UTF-8

Consider as well to use ( at => "/etc/default/locale" ):
Code:
LANG="it_IT.UTF-8"
LANGUAGE="it_IT:en_US"
LC_MESSAGES=POSIX

After upgrading to another major Plesk version and in case of kernel updates, you should always consider to reboot your server. ;)

Pls. consider as well to delete your browser cache and the temporary internet files on your computer, if you still experience the described issues at your Plesk Control Panel.
If you still experience the described issues with domain - specific content, pls. keep in mind, that some content use ".htaccess" - files which should be converted into nginx directives, when you use a combination of apache+nginx on your domain.

Hi Fabio7586,

the recommend way to get the current Plesk version ( incl. #MU ) and the current operating system is the usage of the command:
Code:
plesk version
;)

Pls. consider to use ( on Ubuntu/Debian - based systems and for italien preferences ):
Code:
locale-gen it_IT.UTF-8

Consider as well to use ( at => "/etc/default/locale" ):
Code:
LANG="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES=POSIX

After upgrading to another major Plesk version and in case of kernel updates, you should always consider to reboot your server. ;)

Pls. consider as well to delete your browser cache and the temporary internet files on your computer, if you still experience the described issues at your Plesk Control Panel.
If you still experience the described issues with domain - specific content, pls. keep in mind, that some content use ".htaccess" - files which should be converted into nginx directives, when you use a combination of apache+nginx on your domain.

Code:
plesk version
give:
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #2
Update date: 2017/04/08 18:41
Build date: 2017/03/17 16:00
OS version: Ubuntu 16.04
Revision: 55d1b49a272f44666e1920eca8b6e4da449a38cd
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

then i launch
locale-gen it_IT.UTF-8

i have added
Code:
LANG="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES=POSIX

in "/etc/default/locale"

after these i have rebooted server;
locale command give me

Code:
LANG=it_IT.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=it_IT:en_US
LC_CTYPE="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES=POSIX
LC_PAPER="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

nothing change
browser is new firefox installation

Hi Fabio7586,

did you as well consider to use another browser, just to check, that the issue is not "on your side", or based on cookies, browser caching and temporary internet files?

i used internet explorer and edge, never used before, so it was clean, i tried on fresh installation of mozilla firefox;i tried from another pc where there was a fresh installation of google chrome.
nothing change

Hi Fabio7586,

I couldn't reproduce your issue by using Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and switching to italian language on Plesk Onyx 17.5.3.

I couldn't investigate the issue at your magento shop, because you didn't provide the URL, but I still strongly assume, that you missed some nginx directives, which may lead to some "not found" results for *.css - files for example. ;)

Hi Fabio7586,

I couldn't reproduce your issue by using Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and switching to italian language on Plesk Onyx 17.5.3.

I couldn't investigate the issue at your magento shop, because you didn't provide the URL, but I still strongly assume, that you missed some nginx directives, which may lead to some "not found" results for *.css - files for example. ;)

Oh seems solved in plesk :))) finally!

Only remain problem in magento: you can check here biaterg.com.

Thanks for help

Hi Fabio7586,

you use for these signs the font "FontAwesome", but your server doesn't serve it. Pls. check your domain - specific error - logs at "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOUR-DOMAIn.COM/logs" or/and consider to ask in a magento - community, why such an issue in combination with apache+nginx may appear.

Hi Fabio7586,

you use for these signs the font "FontAwesome", but your server doesn't serve it. Pls. check your domain - specific error - logs at "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOUR-DOMAIn.COM/logs" or/and consider to ask in a magento - community, why such an issue in combination with apache+nginx may appear.

Ok Thank you for support! i will ask in magento forum! ThankS!

Back