1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Strange email forwarding

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by therapiekind, May 22, 2007.

1. therapiekind

therapiekind Guest

Hi all,

I have several domains set up in my environment, every single one has an info@... email account.

My main domain, lets say it's heyho.com, also has that info@heyho.com email. And this one has some aliases (about 15 or so). These get fetched and distributed by a local office server.

Now, I go to the domain blabla.com and I configure the email info@blabla.com to be forwarded to one of the aliases of info@heyho.com, lets say to chicken@heyho.com.

Any email I send to info@blabla.com should now get forwarded to chicken@heyho.com, but instead the mail server sends it to 1-chicken@heyho.com. Which is very strange and annoying.

Anyone with an idea? Help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. therapiekind

therapiekind Guest

C'mon people! *bump*

3. de_he

de_he Guest

Hello,

yes this "1"

1-chicken@heyho.com

is internal behaviour of Plesk (or Qmail, I don't remember) but cannot be changed anyhow. Of course, annoying when using M$ Exchange f.e. to sort mail.

4. therapiekind

therapiekind Guest

At least now that I know where it is generated I can investigate further.

Thanks a lot!