• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue struggeling with the pre upgrade cheker

thomas wagner

New Pleskian
Hi all,
I'm running currentyl a PLesk 11.0.9 installation on a virtuotto virtualized Windows 2008 R2 Server.
Befor upgrading the Plesk Panel to 12.5 and later to Onyx, I wanted to make sure every issues were solved in advanced and downloaded the Panle pre upgrade checker for 12.5 from the http://autoinstall-win.plesk.com/PANEL-WIN_12.5.30/
I deleted the last "_" on the php scrpit and copied it into then %plesk_bin% directory.
I then opened a cmd with Windows admin rights and put in the following "%plesk_bin%\php.exe" -d safe_mode=Off panel_preupgrade_checker.php <plesk-db-admin-password>

But I get no real output but HTML code. It is the same code as I would only input php.exe in the cmd.

What do I wrong?

Thanks for any hint

Thomas

It looks like that problem in the location of panel_preupgrade_checker.php. According to this command, you should run it in the directory where this panel_preupgrade_checker.php file is located. So, you wrote
and copied it into then %plesk_bin% directory
Therefore you need to go to this directory first, and then run the command there after that.

Thanks for the response.
I already tried that and the result was the same - I got html code in the Kommand window.
Also when I tried to start php on its own - with no scripts/options after it I get this html response. So I assume that the additional attributes after the "php.exe" will not be recognized at all.

Then I tried to run the panel_preupgrade_checker script with one of the installed PHP versions for the websites (Veriosn 5.4.32) - I do not know if there are differences if you use the panel PHP verison or the Client PHP versions. There I get a reasonable output that makes sense, also the log file will be created but the script will terminate at the check of iisfcgi.dll with no output or enty in the log.

Back