1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Subdomain Content not showing on the web

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Jay Versluis, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Jay Versluis

Jay Versluis Basic Pleskian

35%
    I'm not sure where to put the content for my subdomains in Plesk 10. Under Plesk 9 it was mydomain.com/subdomains/mysubdomain/httpdocs but since Plesk 10 it appears to be mydomain.com/subdomains/mysubdomain

No matter where I place my content, it does not appear on the web where I would expect it. Instead I get a blank screen with the message "server not found".

I create my subdomains under "Websites and Domains", "Add Subdomain", give it a name and a directory - that should be it (at least it was in Plesk 9).

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do anything else for the subdomain to show up?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Subdomains implementation was refactored in Plesk 10.4:

- Subdomain is the same site as a usual domain
    - Plesk system files are in …/vhosts/sub.domain.com/… and same structure as for domains
    - You can put site root in /subdomains/ (as it was in Plesk 8.x/9.x)