• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Subdomain delegation(servers, name servers, DNS)

cloudbridge

Basic Pleskian
Hello Pleskians,
Could someone explain, share minds with my post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: I am talking about subdomain delegation to manage DNS zones on other servers.

I have server.com hosted on 1VPS and have these records in DNS:

server.com NS ns1.server.com
server.com NS. ns2.server.com
ns1.server.com A 1.1.1.1
ns2.server.com A 2.2.2.2
------------
vps2.server.com NS ns1.vps2.server.com
vps2.server.com NS ns2.vps2.server.com
ns1.vps2.server.com A 5.5.5.5
ns2.vps2.server.com A 5.5.5.5
----------------------------------------------------
My other VPS2:
vps2.server.com 5.5.5.5

Could someone explain why it doesn't work?
clientdomain.com changed NS to ns1.server.com ns2.server.com = looks good, but when i try to change them to ns1.vps2.server.com ns2.vps2.server.com i can't do it, and if i leave ns1.server.com and ns2.server.com in VPS2 it doesnt work, domain NS can't be found when using lookup set type=NS clientdomain.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPIC: nameservers over different plesk linux servers.
What I have:
1st linux server VPS with ip 1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5
2nd linux server VPS with ip 2.3.4.5
3rd linux server VPS with ip 3.4.5.6

Company domain: domain.com with ns1.domain.com ns2.domain.com

Servers domain: server.com without NS just pointing A record IP to all VPS 1vps.server.com 2vps.server.com....

1st VPS server have company domain.com hosted.

If i change client domain NS userdomain.com to ns1.domain.com ns2.domain.com user is able to change his DNS records in VPS1 plesk panel.

Question: how to solve or what can i do to add same nameservers to vps2.server.com with different IP address that client could add those name servers to his domain and manage DNS records from VPS2 plesk? Any advise will be usefull or some answers.

Last edited:
Back