• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain logs are not rotated

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
TITLE:
Subdomain logs are not rotated
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #31
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #17
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Here my topic Issue - Logrotate not working for subdomains? (see pictures)

Summary:

All subdomains have NO logrotate file in /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d, so I have in subdomains very large logfiles, that have block my server, because "(28)No space left on device"! Example only for single subdomain:

access_ssl_log.processed 94GB
access_log.processed 46GB

Second:

After click "OK" on this popup, its create a new logrotate file for this subdomain.
upload_2017-8-7_18-8-7-png.13238

I have now wait half day and take a look in "logs" folder of this subdomain. The very large files are gone, BUT there is no compressed file. The access_ssl_log.processed and access_log.processed are simple removed. See
upload_2017-8-8_8-50-12.png
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Here are no steps​
ACTUAL RESULT:
logrotate files for subdomains are missing in onyx 17.0.x and 17.5.x​
EXPECTED RESULT:
logrotate files for subdomains AND compressed files of old logs!​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Thank you. I have updated already existing bugreport PPPM-4798 with your case.

Hi Azurel,

just a short notice:

Pls. overthink your "EXPECTED RESULTS" => logrotate files for subdomains AND compressed files of old logs! ... if you setup "0" number of log - files, rotated at the size of "5120 KB" ;)

Ohh, thank you for this hint! I never set this to "0". I only open and close the dialog with "Ok", nothing more. :)
"0" must be a default value that was here show up. I will set it to a valid value and show what happen.

Sorry for double posting, but maybe its better. I take a look in other "Log Rotation" dialog for other domains and found more strange things. Again I never set values for logrotation and this dialog is new for me. I can confirm:

1. The main(first) domain in a subscription have always "Maximum number of log files: 10" and working

2. All other domains and subdomains have "Maximum number of log files: 0" and not a config file in "/usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d"

So this is not a problem with subdomains alone. Logrotation only work with main domain of a subscription, all other domains have no logrotation. In my case, its flooding the server and server goes crazy.

Back