• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Subscription DNS zones can't be synced

Petrou Net

Basic Pleskian
I'm not sure if Plesk upgrade to 10.4.4 is responsible for this issue, but it started occurring after a server was upgraded to Plesk 10.4.4.

Product: Parallels Plesk Panel Linux 10.4.4, version: psa v10.4.4_build1013111102.18 os_CentOS 5
Operating System: CentOS 5 i386. Kernel: 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5PAE
Architecture: i386

Problem Description:
If I edit the DNS Zone template (Tools & Settings -> DNS Template Settings), a message "Warning: Changes in the DNS zone template were not applied to the subscription DNS zones. Click to apply the changes." appears.
When I click it, I get a message "Applying the DNS zone template. (0/... of zones are synced)" but it's stuck there.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to Tools & Settings -> DNS Template Settings and edit the DNS Zone template.
2. You'll see a message "Warning: Changes in the DNS zone template were not applied to the subscription DNS zones. Click to apply the changes.". Click it.
3. You'll see a message "Applying the DNS zone template. (0/... of zones are synced)" and this message never goes away. The changes are not applied.

Actual Results:
When trying to edit the DNS Zone Template and apply the changes to the subscription DNS zones, a message appears "Applying the DNS zone template. (0/... of zones are synced)" but it never goes away and the changes are not applied.

Expected Results:
When editing the DNS Zone Template, Plesk should be able to apply the changes to the subscription DNS zones.

Additional Information:
This server was upgraded to Plesk 10.4.4 from Plesk 10.3.1.

Info:

I tryed to sync some zones manually. If we go to DNS settings in panel theres also a notice about the unsynced zone and a link to klick.

At one account theres an error message that sync is impossible because of a duplicate entrie: webmail.domain.tld . Normally DNS management is off.... So I have no idea who has created the second entry. Maybe the customer has tryed to create her own webmail. subdomain?
After removing the webmail. and *.webmail. entrys the zone can be synced.

Is it possible to sync all zones by a commandline tool, dnsmng?

First:

emil:~# /usr/local/psa/bin/server_pref -u -subdomain-dns-zone own
SUCCESS: Server preferences are successfully updated

No impact:

Do you have any errors related to synchronization of these zones in /var/log/messages ?

i updated my dns template recently and suffered the same problem. however, i did not want all my zones updating due to the change i made in the template.
i also had customers complaining of the message in their DNS panel about the zone not being synchronized.

i managed to remove all the messages by updating the psa database:

mysql> update dns_zone set syncRecords = 'skip', syncSoa = 'skip';
Query OK, 3733 rows affected (0.02 sec)
Rows matched: 3733 Changed: 3733 Warnings: 0

after that, i restarted plesk:

/etc/init.d/psa restart

then i clicked the link in the dns template screen to update all the zones, it recognized 0/0 zones and after a couple of seconds i was told all zones had been updated.

problem solved for me,

I'm seeing this problem too.
This is what displays in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

2012-02-28T20:40:44+11:00 ERR (3): Unable to synchronize DNS zone [55] domain.com: Unable to restore the DNS zone: an error occurred while adding the domain.com. IN MX (10) mail.domain.com. record: Incorrect combination of DNS records is present in the DNS zone
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getContext() on a non-object in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Navigation.php on line 54

I've substituted the actual domain for domain.com

I think I know what's going on.....this domain has mail.domain.com pointed to Google Apps (ghs.google.com)....this is what Plesk is tripping over!
Plesk looks at the record, sees it pointing to a cname, and doesn't know what to do with it.
This is what the entry looks like in Plesk:

mail.domain.com. CNAME ghs.google.com.

Once again i've substituted the real domain for domain.com
Igor or one of the other reps...does this help?

Back