• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subscription DNS zones can't be synced

Petrou Net

Basic Pleskian
I'm not sure if Plesk upgrade to 10.4.4 is responsible for this issue, but it started occurring after a server was upgraded to Plesk 10.4.4.

Product: Parallels Plesk Panel Linux 10.4.4, version: psa v10.4.4_build1013111102.18 os_CentOS 5
Operating System: CentOS 5 i386. Kernel: 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5PAE
Architecture: i386

Problem Description:
If I edit the DNS Zone template (Tools & Settings -> DNS Template Settings), a message "Warning: Changes in the DNS zone template were not applied to the subscription DNS zones. Click to apply the changes." appears.
When I click it, I get a message "Applying the DNS zone template. (0/... of zones are synced)" but it's stuck there.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to Tools & Settings -> DNS Template Settings and edit the DNS Zone template.
2. You'll see a message "Warning: Changes in the DNS zone template were not applied to the subscription DNS zones. Click to apply the changes.". Click it.
3. You'll see a message "Applying the DNS zone template. (0/... of zones are synced)" and this message never goes away. The changes are not applied.

Actual Results:
When trying to edit the DNS Zone Template and apply the changes to the subscription DNS zones, a message appears "Applying the DNS zone template. (0/... of zones are synced)" but it never goes away and the changes are not applied.

Expected Results:
When editing the DNS Zone Template, Plesk should be able to apply the changes to the subscription DNS zones.

Additional Information:
This server was upgraded to Plesk 10.4.4 from Plesk 10.3.1.

Info:

I tryed to sync some zones manually. If we go to DNS settings in panel theres also a notice about the unsynced zone and a link to klick.

At one account theres an error message that sync is impossible because of a duplicate entrie: webmail.domain.tld . Normally DNS management is off.... So I have no idea who has created the second entry. Maybe the customer has tryed to create her own webmail. subdomain?
After removing the webmail. and *.webmail. entrys the zone can be synced.

Is it possible to sync all zones by a commandline tool, dnsmng?

First:

emil:~# /usr/local/psa/bin/server_pref -u -subdomain-dns-zone own
SUCCESS: Server preferences are successfully updated

No impact:

Do you have any errors related to synchronization of these zones in /var/log/messages ?

i updated my dns template recently and suffered the same problem. however, i did not want all my zones updating due to the change i made in the template.
i also had customers complaining of the message in their DNS panel about the zone not being synchronized.

i managed to remove all the messages by updating the psa database:

mysql> update dns_zone set syncRecords = 'skip', syncSoa = 'skip';
Query OK, 3733 rows affected (0.02 sec)
Rows matched: 3733 Changed: 3733 Warnings: 0

after that, i restarted plesk:

/etc/init.d/psa restart

then i clicked the link in the dns template screen to update all the zones, it recognized 0/0 zones and after a couple of seconds i was told all zones had been updated.

problem solved for me,

I'm seeing this problem too.
This is what displays in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

2012-02-28T20:40:44+11:00 ERR (3): Unable to synchronize DNS zone [55] domain.com: Unable to restore the DNS zone: an error occurred while adding the domain.com. IN MX (10) mail.domain.com. record: Incorrect combination of DNS records is present in the DNS zone
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getContext() on a non-object in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Navigation.php on line 54

I've substituted the actual domain for domain.com

I think I know what's going on.....this domain has mail.domain.com pointed to Google Apps (ghs.google.com)....this is what Plesk is tripping over!
Plesk looks at the record, sees it pointing to a cname, and doesn't know what to do with it.
This is what the entry looks like in Plesk:

mail.domain.com. CNAME ghs.google.com.

Once again i've substituted the real domain for domain.com
Igor or one of the other reps...does this help?

Back