• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Subscription permissions: FTP account and users

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

When editing a Subscription or Service Plan, on the Permissions tab there is the option:

[ ] Additional FTP accounts management
This also allows web user accounts management.​

Regarding the note "This also allows web user accounts management" -- this does not seem to be the case. On my Linux Onyx install I have customised a subscription and enabled this option (along with setting a number of additional FTP accounts allowed on the Resources tab), however, when I log in as a customer, FTP account management is available, but User management is not.

The last option on the Permissions tab, "Ability to manage additional user accounts" is still disabled, but the note on the FTP accounts management option seems to imply this would be over-written.

I actually prefer it this way; I'd rather enable only FTP account management, but not User management. But I'm curious as to whether this is a bug or just that the option label is wrong.

So, perhaps this note is out of date and should be removed, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

An additional FTP account is something different from an additional web user account. A web user could be entitled to use SSH while an FTP account can only use FTP. Maybe the text message is unclear, but checking the "Additional FTP accounts management" should not enable a user to manage web users, too.

Back