• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Sudo user doesn't have permission to use sudo

zigojacko

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOs 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
I've granted sudo access manually to the main subscription user within Plesk yet when I do su username, it doesn't have access to use the sudo command, for example:-

sudo: command not found

I'm not sure if there is something I have missed. Surely it is possible to do this?

Permission and access are separate things. You may have permitted the user to use sudo, but that doesn't help if the user can't access the sudo binary.

Try su - username, does that change anything?

Is the subscription user in a chroot jail?
If yes, I strongly recommend against putting sudo in there because it defeats the purpose of the jail.

Permission and access are separate things. You may have permitted the user to use sudo, but that doesn't help if the user can't access the sudo binary.

Yes, this is the exact case in this scenario I now know.

Try su - username, does that change anything?

If I do that logged in as root, then it does switch shell to the user but there is no difference at all with what they can or can't run.

Is the subscription user in a chroot jail?
If yes, I strongly recommend against putting sudo in there because it defeats the purpose of the jail.

Yes, the user is in this one according to /etc/passwd - /usr/local/psa/bin/chrootsh

Back