• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Suggestions and Feedback on Sitebuilder Documentation

O

Olga Duma

If you have any suggestions on how to improve Sitebuilder documentation, please post your ideas in this forum thread.
We appreciate your feedback!

Add some content to it. It is so basic its worthless. Try finding some documentation on using scripting in your product its a joke. Provide some samples. Try being a user and doing something just a little out of the box and there is nothing.

Originally posted by Deanmeyers
Provide some samples. Try being a user and doing something just a little out of the box.

This is a good point.

Good documentation should take into consideration of new users with less understanding of some of the current technologies.

I always like step by step guides. purchase one of many programs out there that record the steps in video. I understand this all takes time. But if you would give the job to someone (one of the programmers) for 6 months you would have an incredible offering to new users.

Start with building templates. A number of small videos showing the different steps from start to installation.

Not sure what your getting at. I ahve had an experience installing and working with Plesk and site Builder. I have identified many bugs in the system pertaining to client security setup and how the system reacts when a client browser isn't setup to meet the authoring environments needs.

It would be so easy to correct these issue. when I get a minute I will come back here and post a list of what I found and other suggestions for the environment. Just a bit busy right now.

I am not pointing my finger at you, I am agreeing with you that there ought to be more to the documentation.

How to insert a video file to a webpage?

I can not find any documentation on how to insert or play a video file using SWsoft SiteBuilder. It should be one of the main available options to insert a video file to a webpage just similar to inserting an image but I can not find any documentation. If your product is capable of inserting video files, then, you need to add samples and easy to understand documentation for newbies.

Including / Inserting video / flash files

I have other scripts that run FCKEditor WYSIWYG editor.
I uploaded a flash file and took the source code and inserted into a script in SB. Then I uploaded the swf file into the folder where it was pointing.

There might be some software available that can do something similar, but this is the idea. A program like SWiSHmax might work as it generates flash files and much more. Then you can take the code and insert it into SB. And of course you will need to upload the swf file through FTP.

Currently there is not an option to upload flash or video files directly. Keep up the pressure and maybe SwSoft will add it for us.

Swsoft, see the FCKEditor, works great.

Thank you Steve for the answer. Yes, we understand that Sitebuilder should support media content directly. However right now we're working on Modules SDK - it seems to be the right thing than trying to create all modules by ourself.

I love the idea of creating our own modules, you just keep working :)

This has been the most helpful postings yet I still haven't gotten any closer to what I want to do. I have just spent the last 2 hours surfing for tutorial video on how to use sitebuilder. You know how many I found on how to use the GDI program with .ws? Tons! Yet I found nothing for SWsoft or Plesk products. Once I figure out how to use site builder and figure out how to post a video through my site maybe I'll put together a how to video tutorial and post it throught my site proving that it can be done. If I can't figure this thing out perhap I'll cancel my service with my host and be sure to let them know that I can't use their site builder progam is the reason for leaving. Then let them know that I went to .ws for some real service. You think that will scare them? Probably not.
Please, anyone. The last time I asked to some help all I got was a site to go and download pdf files of a manual that Deanmeyers has already pointed out as being worthless. Manuals rarely make sence until you already understand what your doing. Then you think of at least a dozen different ways that it could have been stated better.

SiteBuilder

Not much help here. The idea behind SB is a good one, best for what it is meant to do - build sites from existing templates. However, because of the continual bug issues, Windows .NET Server and how slow the whole system is, I finally had to move on. The frustration of having to work hours and hours at something like this is pour to say it nicely.

Now I have been busy for the last two months redesigning every site I have into a new system, half way done.

Stay away from making custom templates because if you need to update one, you need to first load the Control Panel and Add and Remove Programs... which takes like forever once you have more than 5 or 10 sites. Ok, maybe not forever, but for me about 15 minutes.

I have been very helpful in this forum in the past, and I'm sure they will pull this thread, but run as fast as you can in any other direction. You can email me if you want to know what I am using now.

Back