• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Support for Debian Stretch

I notice that Software Requirements for Plesk still don't mention Debian 9. When is this likely to be ready? We're patiently waiting to upgrade our Plesk servers.
We will announce Debian 9 support in the one of nearest Plesk 17.8 Onyx update. Just watch out for announcements.

Ruby 1.3.3
  • The extension is now available for Debian 9.
  • The extension’s description on the catalog was revised and updated.
How is the extension working before the platform the extension is installed on?

Debian 9 support is expected in the next Plesk 17.8 Preview update.

Just had an account manager say Spring 2018 (so that's 1st March in my head) for Plesk 17.8. Surprising given todays preview release.

Hi stevenm,

Plesk Onyx 17.8 WAS scheduled for September/October 2017 ( official scheduled release announcement for Plesk version 17.8 ), but as you can see ( and announced by @IgorG at => #25 ) the Debian 9 support for the actual Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview 6 version is now offcial. :)

Just because 17.8p6 is official doesn't mean it isn't going to take another 6 months to finish a stable version. I'm not sure what your point is?

Is the account manager wrong about Spring 2018?... what is the likely date for the completed 17.8?

To my understanding the leading version number of Plesk is to be changed every year. So a release in 2018 would then start 18.x and not 17.8.
Please explain how this is to be handled now, I'm confused as this was explained otherwise to me on the WHD. :)

I see that the previous upgrade guide "Parallels HowTo: Perform dist-upgrade procedure on server with Plesk 12.5" (KB Odin) has been removed.

@IgorG: Will there be an easy way to upgrade existing servers (than running Plesk 17.8 (or whatever it will be)) from Debian Jessie to Debian Stretch? As it used to be with Debian Wheezy to Debian Jessie?

There is a "/opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_pre.x64.sh" and later on a "/opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_post.x64.sh", so I doubt that.

There is a "/opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_pre.x64.sh" and later on a "/opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_post.x64.sh", so I doubt that.
What Plesk version do you mean? Note, that 17.8 is still not officially released.

My workflow has become quite large over the years so I can't post all the details here, but in general:
- inform yourself:
How to perform dist-upgrade procedure on server with Plesk
Chapter 4. Upgrades from Debian 8 (jessie)
- make sure that your domains will be compatible with the new version of PHP
- make a backup
- test it on a non-production server first (I used one where the domains have already been migrated away from, so by entering those domains in my HOSTS, I am still able to access them on the old server)
- switch to MariaDB
- update to the latest Plesk version
- make a backup
- run /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_pre.x64.sh
- follow instructions from Debian regarding the upgrade to Stretch
- run /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.deb8-deb9_post.x64.sh (will print out massive amounts of debugging messages, but Plesk support doesn't see this as something that should be fixed (already with the previous upgrade)
- fix any issues that may arise

My workflow also includes stuff like deleting old inactive configuration files from packages, comparing new configs, updating Perl, fixing minor known issues that I experienced on previous upgrades, and so on...

Back