• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Support for Debian Stretch

dominicpratt

New Pleskian
Hi there from Germany,

Debian Stretch has been released last saturday and I'm wondering if it's safe to upgrade my Plesk-/Debian 8-Box yet?

If not, when will PLESK have Support for Debian Stretch?

Thanks!

Hi dominicpratt,

pls. note, that Plesk will always update the "Software Requirements" at the official "Release Notes" page:

The answer to your question:
I'm wondering if it's safe to upgrade my Plesk-/Debian 8-Box yet?
... is a definite "No!", because Plesk doesn't support Debian 9 yet.

For an answer to your question:
If not, when will PLESK have Support for Debian Stretch?
... pls. wait for a Plesk - Team - Member to answer your question. ;)

As you understand, we need some time to perform all the stages of testing the Plesk operation, performance, security, etc. on the new Debian Stretch. This is a serious and complex process. We need to be fully confident in offering support for the new OS. Therefore, I think this process, as usual, can take about a month or a little more.

For anyone curious about past time scales (all dates in D/M/YYYY)...

Debian 6 released 6/2/2011, Plesk 10.2.0 (with Debian 6 support) released 6/4/2011... 59 days.
Debian 7 released 4/5/2013, Plesk 11.5.30 Update 3 (with Debian 7 support) released 5/7/2013... 62 days.
Debian 8 released 26/4/2015, Plesk 12.5.30 (with Debian 8 support) released 31/8/2015... 127 days.
Debian 9 released 17/6/2017, Plesk ? (with Debian 9 support) released ?/?/????... ? days.

An average of 83 days... 8th September 2017 then? :), just kidding.

There were big changes between Debian 7 and 8 (i.e. systemd), not so much a big shift between 8 and 9. So hopefully sooner than we think.

I'm going to hold off on any Onyx installs until it is available.

:D I have to setup some new servers and I would like to install the latest OS
After Plesk will support the latest version of Debian, new OS versions will appear. Will you also wait for their support? :)

it depends on when it'll happen, so that's the reason 'cause I asked, any chanche to know how long it'll take?
thanks again

Debian 6 released 6/2/2011, Plesk 10.2.0 (with Debian 6 support) released 6/4/2011... 59 days.

59 days since Debian 9 was released today. So whomever expected it to take longer than Debian 6/Plesk 10.2.0 - you're a winner!

Lets see if it takes longer than 62 days next :)

I think it will be supported in the next Plesk 17.8 Preview version.

Well today was my guess for the release, as it's been 83 days (the average time based on the last 3 Plesk releases which supported new major Debian versions), see above.

I notice that Software Requirements for Plesk still don't mention Debian 9. When is this likely to be ready? We're patiently waiting to upgrade our Plesk servers.

Back