• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Support of APS 1.1 and 1.2

M

MaximK

Hello!

Currently, Parallels Plesk Panel supports only APS version 1.0.

Is it planning to support APS 1.1 and 1.2? If so, when will such a support be added to PPP?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Kazartsev

Does this mean PPP will not support APS 1.1?

May be you can help me with the following question.

We use POA as a provisioning platform for APS applications. But it's difficult to install and test an application packed to APS in POA: creating Resource Types, Service Templates, Service Plans, subscribing customer to Service Plans, processing placed orders, handling provisioning issues (if appear), and only after that all we get access to the Customer's CP where can install and test the packed APS application. It's a very challenging, time- and power-consuming procedure that has many redundant steps.

All we need is to quickly install and test APS packed app. Parallels Plesk Panel (with Development License) better suits for this purpose, but it supports only 1.0 version of APS. Could you please tell us whether it's planned to support 1.1 and 1.2 of APS in PPP and when?

Suggestions/recommendations on how we can simplify the APS app installation and testing process using POA and/or other tools will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Maxim,

All that you have described regarding POA is correct behaviour because it is enterprise solution for serious business.
PPP will be rebrended to SMB. In other words PPP version 10 - it is Parallels Small Business Panel and you will be able use APS 1.1 there for your purposes.

Igor,

Thanks for your answer.

Will we be able to use Plesk SMB the same way as PPP, that is download and install it on our local server and use it with Development License allowing to install APS applications with no functional limitations and for free?

Maxim,

I suppose that you will be able, but I'm not completely sure because it is licensing, financial related question :) I think that you can discuss it with your sales responsibility much more effectively.

Back