• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Swap two domain content

jehutyy

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,
I'm fairly new to plesk and I have hard time figuring out things. Here's my situation :

I have two domain with different content that have been configured with plesk. Both have been configured by a coworker that doesn't have much time anymore to work on them. Let's call them testing.com and master.com. One is a production website whereas the other one is an upgraded version of the former. I would like to keep these two distinct domain obviously but just swapping content.

I tried to achieve this by connecting with ssh and trying changing symlink but it appears to break both website. Another approach was to swap both httpdocs in the doc root of each website but it appears to create a mix up between sites.

I have the sense that plesk could permit that directly from admin interface without going into ssh guru stuff but I can't figure it out.

Try to do it just with renaming domains.
Domain name in Hosting Settings.

I thought about that but can't help but ask myself what would happen if I rename into something that already exist. Will it overwrite or just says "domain already exists" ?

No, you need three renaming - one is temporary for avoiding "domain already exists".

I just tested the solution we talked about earlier and that doesn't work as expected.
When I try in my browser I get the default parallel page and not the new site I made.
Furthermore I query the new master.com which redirects me to testing.com.

Is there any configuration that I need to touch in order to make it works ?

Try to run

# plesk repair web

after domains renaming.

Back