• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Symlink-problem with Apache/NGinx

CorvusGei

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.53 Update #2
Hi folks. Do you have an idea to solve this problem? The file exists. I didn't receive the mentioned email, so the only I have is the error description posted below.
New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Refusing to create symlink '/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/subdomain.domain.tld.conf': file with the same name already exists. Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files.
I looked for it in Google and Forums search and didn't find a solution. I tried to run plesk repair, but this didn't help.
Thanks for your help!
Chris

Did the same subdomain previously exist on the server? Maybe when removing it the removing process did not properly complete. I've seen that several times. If the subdomain works now - despite the error message - the error message can be ignored, because then the existing link simply keeps working as before.

Back