• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Synchronize Abonnement without custom PHP Configuration?

lippoliv

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
an single Domain of one Abonnement (70 Domains) within one of my Plesk Servers with multiple Abonnements Needs "short open tags" of PHP. So we're talking about an really Special case. (may don't reduce it to this flag, could also be "Register globals" or others).

In generall I have this option set to "off". So now I'am looking how to enable it for this specific Domain. Or better: took the base Idea behind it. I have a Special case (1 Domain / Abonnement / Customer out of my whole Business) and I Need to set an Special PHP Configuration for that Special case.

OK I can do it via Plesk UI, wich is really good.

But now the Problem: With the next Synchronisation of the Abonnement, that custom Setting will be overridden. Wich is good and bad at the same time.
Good because if I decide to allow more PHP Memory, it is good that the sync sets this configuration to all Abonnements.
Bad because if I set that Special flag for this specific Domain to "on", that Change will be lost on next Synchronisation.

I thought about using an AddOn. But in Add-Ons (and that is really bad compared to Plesk 12 and earlyer) you 1st have no Option to just Change a single PHP Option. You can just provide an specific PHP configuration. Beginning with PHP Version (I am Hosting PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 und PHP 7) + all the other Settings. So as of Plesk 12 I had for example "Memory 128" AddOn, wich just set PHPs Memory Limit to 128M, this is not working from Plesk 12.5 and newer. This Change now affects also my current Special case with "Short Open Tags". I can't create an (one) Add-On wich is Managing this Special Flag. I have to provide an whole PHP Configuration.

The following PHP Options differ over all my Hosting:
1. PHP Version (5 Settings)
2. PHP Memory Limit (3 Settings)

What can I do now, I don't like to create 15 AddOns just for overriding this Special Flag.

Why you can't create separate subscription for this domain with specific PHP settings?

Same problem as with Addons:

I do have three plans: "Hosting Light", "Hosting Medium" and "Hosting Large". But I have 15 Plans for it (because of each PHP Version). If I add this Setting to it, I will have 30 Plans. And is I Keep in mind just one other Setting, like Memory, I will grow up to hundrets of Plans.

That is no solution.

Any new information here? Why can't that be handled via an add-on like it was in Plesk 11?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Back