• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue System Update error

Ddungu

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.34
Hello, I am having this error and I really do not know how to fore got it. Can anyone help me out?
1667946476218.png

Target Packages (all/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk.list:4 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk.list:5
Make sure that you have not equal lines 4 and 5 in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk.list file.

The repository http://autoinstall.plesk.com/pool/PSA 18.0.34_5691 xenial Release' does not have a Release file

Failed to fetch http://apt.puppetlabs.com/dists/xenial/InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 4528B6CD9E61EF26

Hello @yborzykina, thank you for your feedback, but will dist-upgrade resolve all the errors those @IgorG outlined.
It is not predictable what the situation will be after the upgrade. The advice to upgrade to a supported operating system is still correct. You cannot use newer Plesk versions with outdated operating systems.

If you are unsure how to proceed, I recommend to spin up a new server, install the latest Plesk on it and use the free Plesk Migrator extension to migrate the old installation including websites, mail and databases to the new server.

Thank you
It is not predictable what the situation will be after the upgrade. The advice to upgrade to a supported operating system is still correct. You cannot use newer Plesk versions with outdated operating systems.

If you are unsure how to proceed, I recommend to spin up a new server, install the latest Plesk on it and use the free Plesk Migrator extension to migrate the old installation including websites, mail and databases to the new server.
Thank you @Peter Debik I ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
1676132911708.png

and I recieved the above error. How can I solve that?

@Ddungu I am sorry, I cannot be of much help there. My suggested solution path was to setup a new server and then migrate the existing content using Plesk MIgrator. Instead, an in-place upgrade can have lots of issues, and I am not good enough with Ubuntu/Debian to solve these. Maybe someone else here can assist you.

1676725522352.png
Hello @Peter Debik, thanks for your support, I managed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS, but I am now unable to access the Plesk panel.

Could you be knowing the cause and what I should do to restore all the services.

Are you still able to log in via ssh and become root? Then try this:
# plesk login

That generates a login for Plesk.

Back