• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

System updates

N

npavlidis

Plesk uses from what Ive seen so far old versions for its own environment (apache 1.3.33, php 5.0.5)
Shouldnt the 8.0 (new) version include updated services? I know the services mentioned above are for the cpanel's use only but still it is a vital part of the system that need to be up to date.

Thank you

Apache 1.3.xx is still used quite a bit. It is also still maintained. The most recent release of Apache 1.3.xx is newer then the most recent 2.x version.

Apache 1.3.xx saw a release on 17-May-2006.
Apache 2.x saw the most recent release on 01-May-2006.

You infered that version 1.3.x is out of date, this is not correct. Its just that the two different version have different benefits. For the control panel, version 1.3 would more than work for its purpose.

I dont think you understood me. I didnt make myself very clear I guess.
What I am saying is that plesk uses 1.3.33 when the latest release is 1.3.36 and php 5.0.5 when the latest release is 5.1.4 this leaves the control panel vunerable to attacks.
Both apache and php versions are fine thats why they should keep them up to date.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I agree that they should be the latest version. This would help close any security risk.

Back