• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue System-wide crypto policies in Plesk and CentOS 8

themew

Regular Pleskian
I am trying to use an ed25519 ssh key on my CentOS 8 server. No problems uploading the key and using the key with the server, works great, but I when I try to change PasswordAuthentication, ChallengeResponseAuthentication and UsePAM to no I get the error: ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sshd -D $OPTIONS $CRYPTO_POLICY (code=exited, status=255).

According to RHEL, using the command
Code:
update-crypto-policies --show
shows the server is in DEFAULT mode.

They suggest changing the mode to: FUTURE How to customize crypto policies in RHEL 8.2

Policy mode breakdown (there are 4 modes) Chapter 3. Using system-wide cryptographic policies Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 | Red Hat Customer Portal

I can still log into my Plesk server using the ed25519 key, but can't turn passwords off.

Before I do any damage to my server or lock myself out, has anyone experienced this and if so, how did you remedy it.

I really don't want to use an rsa key since the newer and more secure ed25519 ssh key does work.

Last edited:
Back