• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue System-wide crypto policies in Plesk and CentOS 8

themew

Regular Pleskian
I am trying to use an ed25519 ssh key on my CentOS 8 server. No problems uploading the key and using the key with the server, works great, but I when I try to change PasswordAuthentication, ChallengeResponseAuthentication and UsePAM to no I get the error: ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sshd -D $OPTIONS $CRYPTO_POLICY (code=exited, status=255).

According to RHEL, using the command
Code:
update-crypto-policies --show
shows the server is in DEFAULT mode.

They suggest changing the mode to: FUTURE How to customize crypto policies in RHEL 8.2

Policy mode breakdown (there are 4 modes) Chapter 3. Using system-wide cryptographic policies Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 | Red Hat Customer Portal

I can still log into my Plesk server using the ed25519 key, but can't turn passwords off.

Before I do any damage to my server or lock myself out, has anyone experienced this and if so, how did you remedy it.

I really don't want to use an rsa key since the newer and more secure ed25519 ssh key does work.

Last edited:
Back