• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question terminal Permission denied

Stergios G

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.49
Hi all,
when i try to have access on SSH Terminal (from Plesk>Subscriptions>domain>ssh terminal) i have the error:
[email protected]:permission denied (publickey,password)
Screenshot_1.jpg
I did this, but i don't know how to fix.

I cannot see it on the screenshot, just a "publi ..." is visible, but I think it says "... Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password)." In that case it means that public key permission is off in the sshd_config file. You can try this:

# vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config
PubkeyAuthentication yes

Save and then
# service sshd reload

I cannot see it on the screenshot, just a "publi ..." is visible, but I think it says "... Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password)." In that case it means that public key permission is off in the sshd_config file. You can try this:

# vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config
PubkeyAuthentication yes

Save and then
# service sshd reload
permission denied (publickey,password)
well i added the "PubkeyAuthentication yes" and already have PasswordAuthentication yes, restart sshd, but the problem i still here.
Can you pls info me about /etc, etc/ssh, etc/ssh/sshd_config directories and files permissions?

Back