• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved The following packages are missing the md5sums control file...

TomE

Basic Pleskian
hi,

after update from plesk to onyx 17.0.17 i have a problem with the system updates.

systemupdatestool.log

Code:
2017-03-16 08:25:51 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.
The following packages are missing the md5sums control file in the
database, they need to be reinstalled:
 sw-doctrine          The PHP Doctrine ORM
 psa-mod-fcgid-configurator Parallels Plesk Alternative FastCGI module for Apac

Then i found this acrticle https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...r-database-Please-resolve-this-issue-manually but i cannot reinstall the the last two packages.

Code:
~# apt-get install --reinstall sw-doctrine
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Reinstallation of sw-doctrine is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.

Someone has a tip for me?

Thank you and regards, Tom

It seems that it is orphaned package from previous Plesk version. Try to remove them.

Hi Igor,

thank you for your answer, i have try to remove the orphaned packages with

apt-get autoremove

and

deborphan | xargs apt-get -y remove --purge

but the problem always exist. What i am doing wrong?

Hi All,
I had exactly the same issue the the thread starter and removed package psa-mod-fcgid-configurator manually by

apt-get remove psa-mod-fcgid-configurator

Now horde does not work anymore. Right after horde login I get

A fatal error has occurred
Call to undefined method stdClass::write()
Details have been logged for the administrator.

I can't reinstall the package. What can I do?

Thanks!
Boas

Hi Boas Simon,

I can't reinstall the package. What can I do?
I assume, even that you don't provide any informations about it, that you either run Debian or Ubuntu ( no idea which version though ), which leaves you with some basic commands:

apt-cache search PACKAGE_NAME

If you don't find the desired package, it could be, that the package might have been renamed by now... so you could use as well:

apt-cache search PART_OF_THE_PACKAGE_NAME | grep psa

In some cases, you don't have the "sources.list" modified with basic Plesk - reposities ( depending to your operating system ) and you will always have to use the Plesk autoinstaller, which automatically calls a temporary list, with depending Plesk - repositories.

=> You have THREE possible choices now:

Create / Add / Modify your current sources.list, with examples from : => #9 ( These are examples for Ubuntu 14.04 and Plesk Onyx 17.0 ) and with the correct sources.list, you are now able to use "apt-get update", followed by "apt-cache search fcgid | grep psa", ( this will now display two packages ) and you may then choose: aptitude install libapache2-mod-fcgid-psa psa-mod-fcgid-configurator

User the Plesk autoinstaller from the command line ( as user "root" ): plesk installer ( The setup menu will guide you to several menus and you are able to CHOOSE Plesk components manually. The component "mod_fcgid" can be choosen in the submenu from "Apache", which is again a subforum from Web hosting.

Use the web-installer, calling the link "HOME > Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades" - choose the option "Add/Modify", head over to "Web hosting > Apache" and again, you will find here the module "mod_fcgid".​

Hi UFHH01,

you're right: a bit more information would have been helpful ... sorry! :)

Yes, it IS Ubuntu 14.04 with Plesk 17.0.17. I never came to the idea to add other source except the ones provided from my hoster (which is Strato) but I will keep that in mind.

The funny thing is - the problem is solved. I restarted all services (apache and stuff) with no result. Than I remembered the old Windows trick ("boot tut immer gut") and resarted the whole system. After that it worked again! (And I thought on *NIX sytem restarting the services always is sufficent ...)

Anyways - thanks for you help (again) and I hope I may ask someother dumb questions in the future ... I promise I'll put some neccessary information in the question in the first tim! :)

Thanks,
Boas

Back