• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

The following packages have been kept back: mysql-server

fruf

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

my problem is that for about a year now, when I've tested the nginx server I receive the message in the title when I try to update my server. I've removed nginx from the server but it still not working. What could be the problem? Thanks

I've seen this message in case a new _major_ version of a package is available (for example from a third party repo) and you are running 'apt-get upgrade'.
If you _really_ want to install the new version, you can run 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. Maybe you have to run 'mysql_upgrade' afterwards.

Thanks for your answer, I'm running version 5.1.73-1 the KB article mentions that if MySQL 5.5 is not listed in base repository, it will not be available in Plesk autoinstaller.
Probably that's the problem

ii mysql-server 5.1.73-1 MySQL database ser ver (metapackage depending on the latest version)
ii mysql-server-5.1 5.1.73-1 MySQL database ser ver binaries and system database setup
ii mysql-server-core-5.1 5.1.73-1 MySQL database ser ver binaries

mysql-server-5.1 - MySQL database server binaries and system database setup
mysql-server-core-5.1 - MySQL database server binaries
mysql-server - MySQL database server (metapackage depending on the latest version)
mysql-server-5.5 - MySQL database server binaries and system database setup
mysql-server-core-5.5 - MySQL database server binaries

You have installed v5.1.73-1 and v5.5.x (a new major version) is available - that is the reason
for the message (the following packages have been kept back...), because 'apt-get upgrade'
does not install new major versions.

You can install the new major version (v5.5.x) by running 'apt-get dist-upgrade' - at your own
risk and you should really backup all databases before that.

I can't run dist-upgrade because I have plesk running on a vps and according my provider it could brake the system

You can also upgrade to the new version by running 'apt-get install mysql-server'.

If that does not work, run 'apt-get install mysql-server-5.5'.

Don't forget the backup :)

Back