• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

The following packages have been kept back: mysql-server

fruf

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

my problem is that for about a year now, when I've tested the nginx server I receive the message in the title when I try to update my server. I've removed nginx from the server but it still not working. What could be the problem? Thanks

I've seen this message in case a new _major_ version of a package is available (for example from a third party repo) and you are running 'apt-get upgrade'.
If you _really_ want to install the new version, you can run 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. Maybe you have to run 'mysql_upgrade' afterwards.

Thanks for your answer, I'm running version 5.1.73-1 the KB article mentions that if MySQL 5.5 is not listed in base repository, it will not be available in Plesk autoinstaller.
Probably that's the problem

ii mysql-server 5.1.73-1 MySQL database ser ver (metapackage depending on the latest version)
ii mysql-server-5.1 5.1.73-1 MySQL database ser ver binaries and system database setup
ii mysql-server-core-5.1 5.1.73-1 MySQL database ser ver binaries

mysql-server-5.1 - MySQL database server binaries and system database setup
mysql-server-core-5.1 - MySQL database server binaries
mysql-server - MySQL database server (metapackage depending on the latest version)
mysql-server-5.5 - MySQL database server binaries and system database setup
mysql-server-core-5.5 - MySQL database server binaries

You have installed v5.1.73-1 and v5.5.x (a new major version) is available - that is the reason
for the message (the following packages have been kept back...), because 'apt-get upgrade'
does not install new major versions.

You can install the new major version (v5.5.x) by running 'apt-get dist-upgrade' - at your own
risk and you should really backup all databases before that.

I can't run dist-upgrade because I have plesk running on a vps and according my provider it could brake the system

You can also upgrade to the new version by running 'apt-get install mysql-server'.

If that does not work, run 'apt-get install mysql-server-5.5'.

Don't forget the backup :)

Back