• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

There is no IP address 67.23.xxx.yyy in the pool

I get this error too, happened after creating a reseller

Hello,

I came across this error today as well after I created a reseller. I had a heck of a time even creating the reseller because it was claiming that the address in question was not a part of the plan and it would not sync. But in the reseller plan was now where to be found. So I deleted the reseller plan and created it again, and everything seemed to be fine. The reseller and the reseller plan synced.

That's when I discovered I could not view a domain I manage (completely unrelated to the reseller or their domains) by clicking on it in the domain list. It would throw the error "Error: There is no IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.161 in the pool.", and then throw me back to the parallels home page.

At this point, I am unable to revert the system to work properly.

This is still a bug even up to the version that applied last night 10.4.4 #29

--Aaron

I had this same issue with a few customers subscriptions but not a personal one I had.
My setup was a "upgrade" from previous Plesk versions.

What fixed mine was taking each subscription which threw that error "no IP" and temp assign it to my working one. Then assign it back to old subscriber and voilà worked without error.

Probably any new fresh account would have worked but this looks to be some sort of app setting corruption with subscribers.

I had this same issue with a few customers subscriptions but not a personal one I had.

What fixed mine was taking each subscription which threw that error "no IP" and temp assign it to my working one. Then assign it back to old subscriber and voilà worked without error.

Probably any new fresh account would have worked but this looks to be some sort of app setting corruption with subscribers.

Brilliant! You set me on the right track. I upgraded from Plesk 9.3 to 10.4 recently, but ran into lots of trouble: not able to switch to power user mode and not able to change or create subscriptions, because of the "no IP in the pool" message. Upgrading was difficult too and only possible trough the shell.

I also managed to do it, but it scared the s... out of me as, I had to work my way trough many error messages and my websites were down fo a while (I think I can't fully reproduce what I did, but I followed your idea).

I had 2 IPs: 1 main VPS IP and 1 extra IP. I also had 2 customers, I created when I was still on 9.3. On my main IP there's 1 main website and on the other IP 4 websites. After the upgrade, both IP's were apparently set to "dedicated". First I moved my main IP subscription to the other IP. I deleted the main customer. After that I was able to change all subscriptions to the admin user (first fill in the admin account data, like name, adress etc., otherwise it's empty) and set both IP's to "shared". Then I deleted the other customer I created when I still was in Plesk 9.3.

Now the difficult part: I wanted to move back my main website to my main IP, as my website was down now. But I couldn't do this, because of many error messages. Now I created a new dummy domain in Plesk and a new dummy customer. After that I changed sucscriptions of my main website again to the new dummy customer/domain. I changed subscriptions again to the admin user, selected my main VPS IP and deleted the dummy customer.

Now I have no customers (and no resellers), 1 admin user and 2 shared IPs. And I can switch to power user mode. But don't do this at home, or at your own risk ;)

I think Plesk is pretty buggy after an upgrade to 10.x. And I think Parallels should release 2 separate versions of Plesk in the future: 1 for would-be hosts/resellers and 1 cheap version for power users, who use Plesk to admin their own (V)PS. I think most users belong to the 2nd cattegory?

Cheers!

Last edited:
over two months waiting for a fix.

Parallels really blew it with this bug. We submitted a bug report 2 months ago and are still "waiting for developers" . It's unbelievable.

Annoying but I managed to fix this by moving the subscription to another subscriber (customer). I didn't check if it stays fixed when moving back, since I didn't need to do that.

Paid to have it fixed.

After waiting too long we just paid Parallels to fix this. It had to get escalated to a level 2 support person. They were able to fix the issue (caused by plesk updates). I'm posting how they fixed it so that if someone else has the same problem maybe they can fix it themselves:

From Parallels Support:
We have checked the issue, and have found that there is an inconsistecy in Plesk MySQL database that mostly likely resulted from previous upgrades.

The root cause of the issue was that the current entries in clients table had the same pool_id as the admin entry.

In order to resolve this conflict, it was necessary to create separate ip_pools for each client entry and assign them different pool_ids:
============================
mysql> insert into ip_pool values (131,1,'shared');
mysql> update clients set pool_id=131 where id=24;
============================
The above actions were done for all of the client entries that did not have their own pool_id.

After that we clicked on Reread IP and now we were able to see all of the ip-addresses available for selection under web-hosting access menu.

At this point, we can say that all of the issue that have been reported in this support request have been resolved.

RE: Windows Plesk 10.4.x

The workaround that Parallels recommended to us in the end was to not change IP address using the Plesk panel > Subscription > website & domains > web hosting access.

INSTEAD, only change IP in the Plesk Panel > Subscription > More (TAB) > Change hosting settings (change IP here and save).

You will manually have to go back into CBM after updating the IP and go to Settings > Hosting Panels > click your panel > IP Pool > and remove the IP manually from CBM that you just assigned manually in the plesk panel.

And vice versa, if you change a site from dedicated to shared IP using the Plesk panel method outlined above, you go back into CBM manually and add the dedicated IP back to the IP pool as an available IP for plesk.

Sorry to not have posted this sooner.

... at this point NEVER CHANGE IP USING WEB HOSTING ACCESS (UNDER PLESK > SUBSCRIPTION > WEBSITES & DOMAINS).

Last edited:

I can confirm this workaround works - plus you CAN immediately change back to the original customer and it will continue to work.

For those of you newer to Plesk like me, the step-by-step is:

1 - Create a new Customer (in my case, I made a completely fake "test" customer with fake email and test account)
2 - Click "Subscriptions", check the one that's not working, then click "Change Subscriber"
HOWTO :http://myhosting.com/kb/How_to_Move_a_Subscription_from_one_Customer_to_Another_in_Plesk_10
3 - Immediately switch back to original customer
4 - Voila! Headache cured!

Hello Guys,

I am also facing the same issue, Is this some thing that can be fixed once and for ever ?

I have the same issue of: It is impossible to create a subscription: IP pool is empty. This this is not true, I have several ip addresses, but the panel does not know they are available. I am able to add a new subscription if I change one of the ip addresses in the pool to shared, but it also goes back to dedicated by itself every day. Please Parallels provide a solution.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean to say that all the customers that come up from this query: select distinct c.id, c.pname from clients c, domains d where d.cl_id = c.id and c.pool_id = 0; do have a problem?

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean to say that all the customers that come up from this query: select distinct c.id, c.pname from clients c, domains d where d.cl_id = c.id and c.pool_id = 0; do have a problem?

Exactly. As it is described in article:
To identify every customer, affected by the problem

the query resulted in 0 or empty. All domains have the correct ip address. I have several available ip addresses, but when I try to add a subscription I get the ip pool empty error. I could add a subscription if I set one of the available dedicated ip addresses to shared, but it gets reset to dedicated every day.

The reason I am trying to fix this is because I am planning an upgrade to Plesk 11, but I am afraid there will be some sort of conflict. I already ran the pre upgrade script and it tells me everything is ok for an upgrade. Shall I continue to solve the issue of empty ip pool or shall I just do the upgrade?

Miguel

Exactly. As it is described in article:
Hi, I don't have any clients with pool id 0 so this is not the solution to my problem. I don't need to add any subscriptions right now, but I am planning an upgrade soon. Shall I wait until the problem is fixed?
Why do ip addresses get reset from shared to dedicated every day?

Come on parallels, I did not cause this problem, it was one of your updates. Not long ago I added and deleted a new client and domain and it worked. I am tired of changing ip addresses to shared everyday. Does upgrading to plesk 11 fix the problem?

Thanks

Contact Support Team. They will check consistency of Plesk database directly on your server and fix it if necessary.

Back