• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

There is no IP address 67.23.xxx.yyy in the pool

J

JocelynO

Hello,

Running Plesk 10.2, CentOS release 5.6, x86_64

When I click on a domain, I get this error :

Internal error: There is no IP address 67.23.xxx.yyy in the pool.
File: IPPoolManager.php
Line: 236
Type: PleskIPPoolException

I have only one single IP address which is shared among 5 sites. They are all configured to use IP 67.23.xxx.yyy. 4 of them works properly, but for one of them I get the above message.

- IP address 67.23.xxx.yyy is shared and listed under the "IP address" config menu
- The site is working but cannot be configured.
- My license allow for 10 domains (and I can still create new ones)
- The other 4 sites on this same shared IP are working perfectly and config can be accessed.

Thanks for any help,
Jocelyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure that domain is not belongs to reseller which hasn't this IP address in his configured IP pool.

Thanks,

The faulty domains belong to a customer, like the other 4 working ones. Never had any resellers.

Jocelyn

Solutions

I found the problem, please tell me if this make sense.

In the PSA database, 'clients' table, the "pool_id" field was pointing to 0. This id doesn't exist.
I have changed the pool_id to a new id I have added to the 'ip_pool' table.

The big question is how did this problem happens ???

Jocelyn

Same error

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.4.4 CentOS 5 1013111102.18, Microupdate #22, , centos 5.8 x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
When clicking on the domain in the control panel you get the error: There is no IP address 139.142.xxx.yyy in the pool. Clients have pool_id's of zero.

ACTUAL RESULT
When clicking on the domain in the control panel you get the error: There is no IP address 139.142.xxx.yyy in the pool.

EXPECTED RESULT
You should be able to click on the domain.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
mysql>
select pool_id, cname, pname from clients

Shows that some clients have a pool_id of zero!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

fixed it

I was able to fix this myself. It looks like a plesk update set my primary shared IP address over to dedicated. I just marked the shared IP from dedicated over to shared again and now everything is working.

spoke to soon

Sorry I spoke to soon. Things are still broken. It seems that some of the auto updates changed the way IP addresses are allocated. Now I can't change any of my sites over to the dedicated IP addresses on the server.

Is anybody here ?

Can someone at plesk please take a look at this ? You guys have a bug where the shard IP keeps reverting to dedicated IP by itself!

Could you please provide us with detailed step-by-step instruction how this alleged bug can be reproduced?

intermittent

Unfortunately I can't seem to reliably replicate this bug. For some reason I set the main IP address to shared and then I get a support ticket later when staff tries to do an install from our WHMCS (we use the plesk API for domain installs). With the error:
There is no IP address (IP) in the pool

When I login to plesk the main server IP is set back to dedicated .. so I just set it back to shared to temp fix.

Also has a micro update changed how the IP addresses are set? For some reason I can't switch any domains from shared IP's to dedicated IP's (if they want to use SSL) (even though we have many unused dedicated IP's that are available).

We do not have any resellers (all subscriptions are created using the API under the default admin user). I don't see a way in the interface to assign dedicated IP addresses to the default admin provider now? Previously all IP addresses would show up in the drop down list when I went to give them a new IP.. now only the shared IP is there.

Any thoughts ?

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue. I've around 8 subscription which giving me this issue. I even try to use reconfigurator utility to change the IP addres but its also not working.

We have recently migrated from version 9.5.5 to 10.4.4 and found multiple issues. Instead of creating new thread I've reported all the issues in relevant post.

confirmed bug

Dear IgorG,

I've confirmed that this is indeed a plesk bug still present as of 10.4.4 Update #27. Here are my findings:

1. I created a bash script to query the DB checking that the main IP address was marked as "shared". As soon as it was market as "dedicated" it would email me.

Code:
#!/bin/bash 
val=`mysql -N -uadmin -pdbpass psa<<ENDOFMYSQL 
select type from ip_pool where id=1 and ip_address_id=1;
ENDOFMYSQL`

if [ "$val" != "shared" ];
then
   mail -s 'IP address changed from shared to dedicated' [email protected] </dev/null
fi

exit 0;

I got the email at around 4:10am in the morning. It is caused by this plesk cron script:

/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php

I've confirmed that I can mark the main IP address as shared through the plesk interface then manually run the DailyMaintainance/script.php and it gets marked as "dedicated" again breaking things.

Please forward this to the developers.

There is no IP address 67.23.xxx.yyy in the pool - Fix

All you need to do is change the ip address from Web Hosting Access in your plesk control panel and not from ip manager, in order to avoid this issue.

can you be more specific

Can you explain please? Why would the IP address change from "shared" to "dedicated" all on its own after the nightly script is run? We have 50+ domains using the shared IP address and never had this issue before some micro-update.

I'm seeing this error but on Windows:

With the error:
There is no IP address (IP) in the pool

When you change the IP address of a subscription in Web Hosting Access in plesk > subscriptions > click subscription > click webites & domains tab > web hosting access, to a dedicated IP for example

Then the error occurs later when you come back and try to click on the subscription title. But if you click on the Manage Hosting it does load.

The solution that this thread notes does not apply in our case however.

Last edited:
Answer from parallels

Igor could we please get an answer from parallels ? This is affecting multiple people and has been reported for a while now. The DailyMaintainance/script.php shouldn't be changing IP addresses from "shared" to "dedicated" nightly like it is.

Problem is already reported and under developer's investigation now. I will update thread with results.

Back