• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue This Installation is Forbidden by System Policy

CaseyDavis

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Win 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.x
Hello everyone, I am experiencing a problem on my computer when trying to install Plesk. I am getting this error message on my PC "This installation is forbidden by system policy". Could someone please help me to fix it?

As there can be many different reasons why Windows does not allow you to install software, I suggest running a Google search
Code:
https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+"This+installation+is+forbidden+by+system+policy"
and working through all the different scenarios to find one that matches yours.

Also, Plesk does not run on Windows 10. You'll need Windows server for Plesk installation.
You are right, but after searching online, I came across this useful guide. They suggested some useful methods that helped me to resolved the issue. The tasks which I have done, first I disabled UAC and modified local Security Policy Settings. After doing the tasks properly, the problem got solved. I have no longer any issues while installing the software.

Back