• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue This Installation is Forbidden by System Policy

CaseyDavis

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Win 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.x
Hello everyone, I am experiencing a problem on my computer when trying to install Plesk. I am getting this error message on my PC "This installation is forbidden by system policy". Could someone please help me to fix it?

As there can be many different reasons why Windows does not allow you to install software, I suggest running a Google search
Code:
https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+"This+installation+is+forbidden+by+system+policy"
and working through all the different scenarios to find one that matches yours.

Also, Plesk does not run on Windows 10. You'll need Windows server for Plesk installation.
You are right, but after searching online, I came across this useful guide. They suggested some useful methods that helped me to resolved the issue. The tasks which I have done, first I disabled UAC and modified local Security Policy Settings. After doing the tasks properly, the problem got solved. I have no longer any issues while installing the software.

Back