• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

This Panel instance is installed in a PVC Container.

Justin Clarke

Regular Pleskian
If you get the following error after logging into your Plesk Panel @ https://123.123.123.123:8443

This Panel instance is installed in a PVC Container. The current Container offline management settings make the Panel unavailable.

This is caused by the provider / host not being 100% ready for Plesk v10. I had this issue as I am on a VPS hosted with 1&1 UK.

Fix

Edit the following file:
/etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.conf

Edit the following line:
$SERVER["socket"] == ":8443"

Replace the port number 8443 with 18443.

Then restart sw-cp-server:
/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart

This info was found here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://serversupportforum.de/forum/plesk/41881-nach-update-auf-10-0-1-geht-nischt-mehr-2.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3DNach%2BUpdate%2Bauf%2B10.0.1%2Bgeht%2Bnischt%2Bmehr%2B-%2BSeite%2B2%2B-%2BServer%2BSupport%2BForum%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D8JT%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26prmd%3Divfd&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1

Hopefully this will help others.

Hi there! I have used this fix to try to gain access to the Control Panel, but using the new port, after I enter my credentials, it keeps bouncing me back to the login screen. I have verified extra-carefully that they are correct, even reset the password from the VPS panel. Any ideas?

Hi there! I have used this fix to try to gain access to the Control Panel, but using the new port, after I enter my credentials, it keeps bouncing me back to the login screen. I have verified extra-carefully that they are correct, even reset the password from the VPS panel. Any ideas?

No idea sorry, some people say this works, some people don't and I guess will have to wait for their host to catch up with v10.

Are you seeing the newly designed login screen then? I.e, if you go to port 8443 you should get the old one, and 18443 you should see the new one.

Maybe try resetting the password again.

Yeah, changed the password several times, and I confirmed I'm getting two different login form styles on the different ports. Even the one on 8443 looks a bit newer but totally different than the one I get using 18443.

My ISP said enabling the offline_management service on my PVC container would fix the issue, so I'm waiting for them to confirm. Problem is this Plesk of mine is on a VPS so I don't have access to that level of management, couldn't do it myself, although all the articles I read this weekend pointed in that direction.

Thanks for your post anyway, this quick tip might help others fix the issue,

Ok, so my ISP activated offline management on my Plesk container, and switching the port back to the default 8443 allowed me to login to the new Plesk Panel 10. I hope this helps someone.

Ok, so my ISP activated offline management on my Plesk container, and switching the port back to the default 8443 allowed me to login to the new Plesk Panel 10. I hope this helps someone.

Glad you got it sorted. So yes when your host changes their systems for v10 you can switch back to port 8443.

Thanks.

Back