• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Thunderbird color tags stop working

Data1

New Pleskian
Hi Plesk wizzards! I have a problem with one of my clients that works with thunderbird mail. I want to help my client with getting his "color" tags to work again. Recently my plesk updated fully to the latest versions and after this my client could not use his color tags in thunderbird anymore. It looks like TB does tag the e-mail but a second later the color pulled back to black again. This tells me that there maby a serverwide setting blocking this true imap?
I use roundcube for webmail and postfix as mail handler but I do not have the knowledge to find out whats making this problem.

Questions:
- Is there a way that serverwide color tags can be blocked true iMap when using Thunderbird or other clients?
- Can I tell plesk to accept all kinds of filters/tags/colors in iMap features ?
-Is there a way i could configure roundcube as helper to acept this function? i found a plugin..
- Is it even posible that a server can tell true iMap not to accept a color tag to an email?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Peter!
I can't find out where to say to the mailserver/postfix that we accept colored tags in mailing so I don't know how any other client could interferering, like iOS mail or someting?
My client used this for 1,5 year with no problem and suddnly last week the bug appeared. I don't know If I have any control over this, server side? The client's wife is also a my client on the same mailserver, so they checked it over there and same problem occured.

It looks like the iMap subfolders also remove (color)tags and still no idea how I can accept these rules serverside..

@Peter Debik,
Is there a possibility that my server /postfix decine edit's in e-mail headers? as far as I know, when tagging an e-mail in a mailclient it add's priority information to the e-mail header. I am wondering if there is a way this can be blocked/declined due to mailclient settings or mailserver settings in plesk? My client already tried (color)tagging mail's from other mailproviders with no problem. It looks like it has someting to do with my server. After a update last week, the client gave me info about this problem, so I'm also wondering is there has been any changes in mailsettings in the latest plesk update. This maby could give me a hint in the right direction...

Thanks in advance,
Camiel

@Peter Debik I found out the problem was in the mailclient configuration of Thunderbird exacly like u posted on march 24. I found a work-around for my problem but now I still don't know how I can see the capabilities dovecot imap has activated/disabled or has to offer. Does plesk have any options to enable/disable capabilities or at least look into these settings? For as far as I know there is no reason to disable imap functions.

# telnet <hostname> 143
responds with something like
OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.

What you are looking for is probably a list of all features that the version supports. In that case you'll need to find out the Dovecot version you are running and turn to the Dovecot developer pages.
# dovecot --version
responds with something like
2.3.4.1 (f79e8e7e4)

Then go to CoreFeatures - Dovecot Wiki to learn more about current and planned features.

Back