• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Time to remove Web Users

Can I hear more detailed arguments?
Do you think that now there are no users who would like to have their own site but do not need their own domain?

In that case you can give them a subdomain. I don't see any use case for Web Users. And even if there was I doubt Plesk hosts need it. Free hosts use their own hosting scripts.

Yes, I think, one beautiful day we will finish with Web users.

Less options is better. Need to streamline the interface a bit in my opinion. Mail and File Manager listed 3 times in Websites & Domains for example. Limit Outgoing Messages and Outgoing Mail Control could be combined. Mail and Website Importing could be combined. Things like that.

There will always be that one person that complains about it being removed. I say remove it with an option in panel.ini to enable it for that one in a million

I agree with the "less is more" attitude. Everything could have an option to be hidden. My examples are these things, which I could hide and never again have to see in my GUI anywhere (I know... there are even shocking ones! lol):

On the main sidebar:

• Resellers
  • Customers
In the Subscription window:
  • All but one of the 4 links/tabs to the Mail Settings
  • All 3 of the links/tabs to the File Manager, which I never use (I use SFTP)
  • All 3 of the links/tabs to the WordPress installation (I can get to it via Applications if I need it -- if I haven't installed it on a domain, I don't need to ever see it in there)
  • All but one of the 3 links/tabs to get to the database settings
General GUI advice: If it is in a tab at the top of the page, you don't need it as a button or link in the page itself, ever. There are 5 occurrences of this in the Subscriptions windows, and 4 occurrences of this in the Domains settings windows. removing all these duplicates is far preferable than having what you're looking for everywhere a person might want to find it (ie: everything, everywhere)

I understand in the cause of pleasing everyone there is a gravity toward putting everything where someone, somewhere, might want it to be, but that just creates chaos. Better for people to learn where everything is than to find everything piled everywhere. :)

I need to question this now, perhaps I missunderstud - you can disable/hide web user in the Service Plan > Resources > +Show more resources > set Web Users = 0 and it's gone / not more visible in the Websites & Domains view, isnt this what you are looking for ?

Last edited:
I need to question this now, perhaps I missunderstud - you can disable/hide web user in the Service Plan > Resources > +Show more resources > set Web Users = 0 and it's gone / not more visible in the Websites & Domains view, isnt this what you are looking for ?
Thanks for the tip. That worked. :)

Back