• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue timeout and strange issues with php-fpm

nisamudeen97

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

We are experiencing strange and random "502 gateway errors" with websites in plesk. Most of our websites are running php as php-fpm using apache. I have checked the logs for each websites in detail and found the below errors being logged.

[proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 495] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client xxx.xxx.xxx:51382] AH01075: Error dispatching request to :

[proxy:error] [pid 7567] (2)No such file or directory: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/php-fpm.sock (*) failed

This is our new production server and Server was working good for last 6 months with the same configuration. We have not done any changes to server plesk settings. And the issue started all of a sudden. The strange thing is there is lo large access to any websites, no high resource usage. No other errors. Websites are not working. It keep happening for around 2 to three hours. As there was no errors other than above, there was nothing to do other than service restarts.

And everything has started working as normal after few hours. I have gone through lots of related errors regarding the same meanwhile unable to find anything helpful. I am looking for an expert advise on the case. I can see lots of users has faced the same issue.

Hi nisamudeen97,

did you look for errors/issues/problems at the corresponding error - log from your PHP version for any issues? ( Example location for the Plesk - PHP - version 7.0: "/var/log/plesk-php70-fpm" ) and pls. make sure, that the corresponding PHP-FPM - service is active.

Consider as well to use a debug - log - level, when you experience constant issues/errors/problems ( for apache, nginx and the depending PHP-FPM - service ), because your actual description only leads to guessings. :(

In addition, it would really help, if you provide as well more informations about your (sub)domain - content, because it is unclear, if possible misconfigurations or bad coding of your content might be the root cause of your issue.

I can see lots of users has faced the same issue.
Could you pls. consider to link to such issues/errors/problems, so that a possible relation can be investigated?

Hi nisamudeen97,

sorry to ask that, but your provided forum - link contains issues with the apache - modules "mod_fcgid" and "mod_proxy_fcgi" and the used apache - version ( all from vendor ). Could you pls. tell us, how this is related to the PLESK - PHP - versions, or how this is related to any Plesk component? ( as mentioned at => #74 ? )

In addition, after you considered, that you may change your thread title, it would be helpfull to provide MORE informations about your current used apache version, the active modules and last but not least, your operating system. Complete log - files from your apache could help as well to investigate possible issues with your webserver and configuration files are as well helpfull. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have the error again, meanwhile I could see the /var/log/plesk-php56-fpm/error.log not getting updated.

Back