• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved timestamps in file manager

M_N

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2022
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53 Update #2
The time stamp on a file in file manager shows the last modified time in GMT instead of local time.

It shows correctly on another server with the same version of plesk, but I can't find any setting to control it.

The server time and timezone are correct in plesk and in windows and the timestamp shows correctly when looking at the file in windows file manager.

For Linux:
  1. Connect to the server via SSH.
  2. Modify Plesk configuration file php.ini and add timezone like below (set the required timezone):
    # grep zone /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
    date.timezone = "<your timezone definition here, e.g. Europe/Berlin>"
  3. Restart Plesk to apply changes:
    # service psa restart
For Windows:
  1. Connect to the server via RDP.
  2. Set correct value in "%plesk_dir%admin\conf\php.ini. For example:
    date.timezone = "Europe/Lisbon"
  3. Restart Plesk Management Service.

For Linux:
  1. Connect to the server via SSH.
  2. Modify Plesk configuration file php.ini and add timezone like below (set the required timezone):
    # grep zone /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
    date.timezone = "<your timezone definition here, e.g. Europe/Berlin>"
  3. Restart Plesk to apply changes:
    # service psa restart
For Windows:
  1. Connect to the server via RDP.
  2. Set correct value in "%plesk_dir%admin\conf\php.ini. For example:
    date.timezone = "Europe/Lisbon"
  3. Restart Plesk Management Service.
Thank you BUT

In the php.ini file there is a notice that changes to this file will be overwritten by plesk updates

;Note that any changes made to this file will be overwritten when Plesk is updated.
;If you need to make changes to the Plesk PHP settings, we recommend creating a
;file named %plesk_dir%\admin\htdocs\.user.ini and making the necessary edits there.
I went ahead and put the date.timezone setting in .user.ini as described (file did not exist, created a new file) and restarted plesk management service and it is correct now. (had a little scare after restarting the plesk management service, the plesk page would not load, but I restarted the service again and it loaded).

Thank you

(Surprising that there is no setting for this in the plesk UI.)

If I remember correctly, only some variables will be changed by Plesk, but not all of the file. What could happen is that with an upgrade of the PHP version that Plesk uses internally, a different php.ini will be used. But let's just wait and see. Now that you know how to solve the issue, this will be very easy to fix should it occur again.

Back