• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tomcat configuration and access

R

R.R

Hello!
After updating to Plesk 9.3.0 we have problems with tomcat.
Two questions:
a) Is it possible to set "unpackWars=true" in the tomcat-config-file "server.xml" without overwriting it after a stop/start of tomcat?
b) why is it possible to start the servlet via port 9080 but not via port 8080 (default port of tomcat) or via apache?

It would be very helpful for us, if somebody knows a solution for it.
Thank you in advance.
RR

Hello R.R.
For serious java hosting proxied by Apache on the standard http port (80/443)
I would recommend you use the solution provided by NGASI. Works with
Plesk and other CPs. The site http://www.ngasi.com also features a demo.

FC

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I have read the documentation - but I do not want to start Tomcat on other ports.
What I want is that the Tomcat servlet is accessible on port 80 (Apache/Tomcat connector; mod_jk; workers).
This usually works fine - before and after the Plesk 9.3 update.

But since the Plesk 9.3 update we have a problem: after the daily cron job at 0:15 am (which stops/starts Apache and Tomcat; we guess it is WatchDog) the servlet is not accessible via port 80 (Apache).
If this problem occcurs the servlet is still accessible via 9080 - so Tomcat has started correctly.
We guess that the communication via Apache/Tomcat is not working anymore after the daily cron job.

What we currently have to do at around 0:20 am is: we deactivate/activate Tomcat and everything is okay.
But this is no solution: the communication between Apache and Tomcat has to work even after the daily cron job.

The other question (how to set "unpackWars=true" in the tomcat-config-file "server.xml" without overwriting by Plesk) is still a matter.
Without setting "unpackWars=true" the installation of a servlets by Plesk hangs - we see the message "please wait" forever.
Since Plesk must take this parameter from somewhere we would like to know from where - so we can set the correct value.

Thank you in advance.
RR

Back