1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomcat on one domain

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by kadoudal, Aug 6, 2011.

1. kadoudal

kadoudal Regular Pleskian

23%
    I need to run Tomcat JSP in one of my domains on my Debian Squeeze server... can I just install it on the server ( as stated in numerous 'how to..") or am I obliged to buy the Plesk Pack in which Tomcat is included ( + other stuff I don't need) ?
    - it's expansive for just Tomcat ( Open Source) and all Plesk doc is related to Plesk 8.6 so surely outdated ...

thanks for your feedback

erwin

2. MarcoS71

MarcoS71 New Pleskian

35%
    If you didn't buy it yet wait for some good answer. There doesn't seem to be any documentation of even how to install the "power pack" which includes what you want.

It seems as far as my info goes you can install Tomcat via SSH and run it. However if you do this via SSH not using the plesk stuff, you will not be able to manage your tomcat from Plesk.

The managing from Plesk is what I run into. I have ordered "power pack" on my host. However they didn't install it for met there is a bunch of steps I have to take. And I didn't find a guide for this anywhere.

3. MarcoS71

MarcoS71 New Pleskian

35%
    I actually have it running on a VPS 512 MB Linux.

I WOULD NOT GET A Windows IIS( & Shared hosting with plesk) Then you must prepare for lots of configuration issues. Mine mostly concerning PHP per directory.