• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tomcat on one domain

kadoudal

Regular Pleskian
I need to run Tomcat JSP in one of my domains on my Debian Squeeze server... can I just install it on the server ( as stated in numerous 'how to..") or am I obliged to buy the Plesk Pack in which Tomcat is included ( + other stuff I don't need) ?
- it's expansive for just Tomcat ( Open Source) and all Plesk doc is related to Plesk 8.6 so surely outdated ...

thanks for your feedback

erwin

If you didn't buy it yet wait for some good answer. There doesn't seem to be any documentation of even how to install the "power pack" which includes what you want.

It seems as far as my info goes you can install Tomcat via SSH and run it. However if you do this via SSH not using the plesk stuff, you will not be able to manage your tomcat from Plesk.

The managing from Plesk is what I run into. I have ordered "power pack" on my host. However they didn't install it for met there is a bunch of steps I have to take. And I didn't find a guide for this anywhere.

you can install Tomcat via SSH and run it.
I actually have it running on a VPS 512 MB Linux.

I WOULD NOT GET A Windows IIS( & Shared hosting with plesk) Then you must prepare for lots of configuration issues. Mine mostly concerning PHP per directory.

Back