• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Top 5 wanted features

C

Cranky

Ok ... new approach to feature-requests. :p

Out of all of THESE, and anything else you can think of (which you may like to add to that thread anyway) ...

Which five features would you prefer over and above any other in Plesk 8?

I'll start:

1) Domain vhost/mail aliasing
2) AWstats -AND- Urchin integration
3) F-Prot (or ClamAV if we must ;p) integration
4) FTP support to subdirectories, read-only, etc.
5) httpdocs and httpsdocs merged (optionally)

I figure this might help SWsoft decide more than a huge list. Having a small, but important list of most-wanted features gives them less of a reason not to implement them, and iron the bugs out of the, compared to introducing a huge list of less-important features.

So let's get some nice suggestions in here then bug them. :D

I dont have 5 feature requests........ but what I want to see from SW Soft is the *NIX and Windows people talking to each other alot more.

7.5 for windows has Shared SSL and hotlink protection.... wheres this in 7.5 for *NIX?

but what I want to see from SW Soft is the *NIX and Windows people talking to each other alot more.

7.5 for windows has Shared SSL and hotlink protection.... wheres this in 7.5 for *NIX?

agreed. Plesk for windows also has clamAV integration. I want to see in Plesk 8 (no particular order)...
1) clamAV integration for *nix.
2)Spamassassin 3 support.
3)Ability to grant CP access for just one CS server.
4)mod_bandwidth integration for limiting bandwidth to some domains/clients
5)Shared SSL Setup

1) Fix Spam Assassin

2) Fix Spam Assassin

3) Fix Spam Assassin

4) Fix Spam Assassin

5) Fix Spam Assassin

Bill

Yesterday i've tested Plesk 7.5 Beta 3 on a Win2003 server.
Most of the wanted features I've found in this forum are already included in the windows version.

- You can select which antivirus
- You can select which mailserver, which webmail
- You can select which FTP server
- You can select AWStats and/or Webalizer
- Bandwith throttle included
- CPU usage per domain
- Tomcat 5.5.4 included
- MySQL 4, MS-SQL, ASP.NET, virtual directories
- Remote desktop feature for domains (?) saw this greyed out icon
- Hotlink protection
- Shared SSL
- and many more....

It is amazing what they did in that version, but where is the NIX beta ?? ;o)

Bart

Not a feature request, but request for user-interface improvement:

Move the checkboxes from the extreme right to the left of the name on pages with lists of things (clients, domains, mailnames, etc.)

I can't tell you how many times I've "missed" and checked the wrong checkbox because it's so damned far away from the identifier.

Originally posted by brucew
I can't tell you how many times I've "missed" and checked the wrong checkbox because it's so damned far away from the identifier.
I'd disagree - the lines are coloured so u can identify which one it is - and also, unlike cPanel it does ask you to confirm any changes such as deleting accounts.

some of our top 10....

1. Ability to hide un-necessary directories from FTP users (bin, conf, pd, etc.)
  2. phpsuexec support
  3. Additional webmail options (choose between IMP and SquirrelMail)
  4. Webalizer should have more "clever" settings, for first, we need to remove referer from itself
  5. Possibilty to switch off the user rights to change the skin.
    [/list=1]

Ability to hide un-necessary directories from FTP users (bin, conf, pd, etc.)

Find your proftpd.conf file, and scroll down to the section that says:

<Directory /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts>
GroupOwner psacln
</Directory>

Change it to look like this instead:

GroupOwner psacln
HideNoAccess On
HideUser root
</Directory>

1) mod_bandwidth integration.
2) CPU, MySQL and memory usage by each domain (real-time stats).
3) Postfix.
4) Ability to change httpd.include for each domain (as safe_mode, memory_limit etc.) (now plesk refreshes it).
5) Ability to edit/upload/download language files (open-source).

Only one thing I want:

Make it fully compatible with mysql 4.1

Mysql 4.1 is now the officially recommended version of mysql and it has massive benefits over msql 4.0. It is fricken killing me not being able to run 4.1 on my site.

Ok, here comes my list:

1) Domain aliasing
2) Better backup system (more reliable and automated)
3) Awstat
4) PHP5 and MySQL 4.1 support
5) Horde 3

1) Better backup with user updatable "offline page" while backing up.
2) Abillity to add SA words via the CP.
3) Forward emails to multiple users.
4) Multi FTP accounts per domain.
5) Errr

Originally posted by jshanley
Find your proftpd.conf file, and scroll down to the section that says:

GroupOwner psacln
</Directory>

Change it to look like this instead:

GroupOwner psacln
HideNoAccess On
HideUser root
</Directory>

In my opinion, better change is:

GroupOwner psacln
HideNoAccess On
HideGroup root
</Directory>

Because when you use HideUser, then you can't see subdomains, error_docs and other important directories.

I have just upgraded to Plesk from Ensim and here are some items I'd like to see:

1) Support for SquirrelMail.
2) The ability to add a name to an e-mail account.
3) The ability to use sendmail in place of qmail.
4) Domain aliasing.
5) Support for AWStats.

Thanks.

Originally posted by jlandes
I have just upgraded to Plesk from Ensim and here are some items I'd like to see:

1) Support for SquirrelMail.
2) The ability to add a name to an e-mail account.
3) The ability to use sendmail in place of qmail.
4) Domain aliasing.
5) Support for AWStats.

Thanks.

Would be great instead of supporting only squirremail, to have the hability to choose between them.

AWStats, well old theme that it seems that will be added into plesk 8.

Domain aliasing, well a must that doesnt seems probable for now.

Multiple users to 1 database, and multiple databases to 1 user would be great too.

Better backup system (more reliable and automated) <- yeah that would be awesome, maybe an admin backup inteface, where we admins can backup the whole server (psa, dbs, crons, all the info needed to perform a whole server migration without problems)

hope my features some day get applied to this CP, as it is one of the best i have used.

regards,

1. Domain Aliasing (is annoying to offer to clients alias and this keep 3-5 domains from license)
2. Better Documentton on AddOns like Tomcat for example.
3. Better subdomain management
4. Tools for Admin to monitor the server
5. Tool to see who is kill the server, or mod_bandwith

1. Domain aliasing

2. Better reseller/client setup (have clients create clients - not just domain owners)

3. Forced prefixing on creation of FTP-, database-, domain-, etc. users. (ie. make all client As user logins start with a_ and all client Bs user logins start with b_) - removing the race for taking the best usernames on each server. And making it a lot easier to completely migrate a user (client) to another server in the hosting system.

4. Better support for subdomains (one client with multiple FTP logins to subdomains - but all accessable by the Client)

5. A possibility to custom add lines to all available (Plesk written) configuration files. So an administrator may add customized stuff to each configuration file as it's written by Plesk (ie. httpd.conf (open_basedir, safe_mode, register_globals etc.), .qmail files (calling external scripts etc.) etc.)

Actually I don't wan't a lot of new added features, but more to see time spend on improving the already existing ones... (and removing possible error sources - bugfixing)

Back