• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Top 5 wanted features

1.) Domain/email aliasing !!!!!
2.) More explanatory Help - Some instructions are almost condescending. There are places where help just repeats the same instructions. For example, under ColdFusion Settings it has choices for installation type & path and help doesn't explain the installation types at all, it basically says "select the desired installation type". That makes me want to slap the person who wrote the instructions.
3.) Increase the password field length to 32 characters
4.) Fix the disk space - Regardless of what's entered upon domain creation, it's always overridden by the amount set up in the custom template.
5.) Allow setting of Help Ticket start ID number.

Five

FOR UNIX VERSION OF PLESK:
1) Different logos for different skins.
2) Different custom button names for different locales.
3) Possibilty to switch off the user rights to change the skin (Group change skin).
4) Client disabling without DNS disactivation (if client pays, site must be up and running in seconds, but if site is closed >24h, DNS cache fails, we must wait again for site up).
5) httpdocs and httpsdocs merged by option.

I just want to be able to send a notification email to all the email users on my server. For example, when there is a new virus outbreak, I can inform all the email users on a server on how to avoid being infected. Or to notify everyone when a server is going to be worked on.

Being able to EDIT a dns entry would be nice instead of deleting it and adding a new one.

Having some sort of DoS control would be nice like http://www.solutix.ch/cgi-bin/index.pl.

Maybe having the option of choosing between qmail and postfix and having the ability to control each from within the interface instead of relying on qmhandle or some other CLI app.

ApacheTOP like app integrated into the panel would be cool too along with MRTG graphs for server performance monitoring.

I'm affraid, gentlemen, that mod_bandwidth has not been designed for apache2...

My top 5

- AWSTATS for both web and email
- Multiple users for 1 database, and vice versa
- Backup system that lets you export an entire account and move to a new server, and supports FTP to remote storage
- SNMP support and GUI configuration for remote monitoring bandwidth, email, web, and server performance

PLESK Feature request

PLESK Feature request:

I like to create mailboxes at subdomain level.

- Domain aliases for web and mail

- Filter for spam-mails: Hits < x into mailbox, mark mails with more than x hits and forward them to a seperate mailbox.

- mail-quota for the domain adjustable, not only for each mailbox

- Possibility to enable spamassassin/drweb as a default for new mailboxes

Top 5

1.Debian support, i refuse to run redhat enterprise as it is broken. seriously non-usable. Mandrake is as an alternative would be nice but prefer debian.
2. Postfix support, qmail is nice and secure and postfix is even better for its licensing and frankly its config is easier.
3. Alternative webmail client support.
4. awstats support.
5. Solid backup solution. admin should be able to backup the whole system or just select domains/clients, clients should also be able to backup their whole account or perhaps just the website stuff.

Still not running plesk for myself because of the lack of Debian support, the day they offer it i will buy it but till then im just a lurker who is running it for some clients on their hardware and supporting it for them only.

Might end up running something else instead actually if this doesn't happen soon. I can handle setting up virtual domains and multiple email domains, dns and the rest by myself. Plesk would only allow me to give clients access to some of what i do for them now.

Currently hosting several hundred domains just not using anything other then vi and the cli to do it.

Five Features:

-Access to the controlpanel via controlpanel.mydomain.com URL rather than URL's that my clients never remember.

-Unlimited subdomains.. I've been told that subdomains count towards the Plesk license, which IMHO is rather cheesy

-Better Application Support: There needs to be a better delivery system from sw-soft to enable application upgrades etc. Application upgrades should be isolated from feature upgrades. It's been around 2 YEARS since MySQL 4.0 has been out, and we're still yet to see Plesk supporting it.. How sad is that?

I lose about 5 customers a month because of the lack of MySQL 4.x support.

-Privilege Support during database user creation

-Ability to remove "register"/"extras" buttons from non-admin controlpanels

First time to these fora and using 7.1.6

If any of you guys believe that any of my suggestions are fixed or have workarounds, please let me know.

Cheers.

I lose about 5 customers a month because of the lack of MySQL 4.x support

We use from Yum AtomicArt repository since almost 2 years as I remember and without a problem.

Originally posted by lvalics
We use from Yum AtomicArt repository since almost 2 years as I remember and without a problem.

Thanks, I'll look into it :)

-X

Top5

1) put a special URL instead of default when doing backup and the webpage is temporaly unavailable. It bugs lot of my customer the first time.

2) Support MySQL 4.x and PHP5
3) Support urchin and awstat
4) Give more flexibility for domain, like able to put safe mode off for one domaine, be able to use serveralias instead of domain forwarder (lfor limited license it's a big limit), In general just let per domain management more flexible.when possible.

5) I think 4 is enought big to cover the 5 too :)

Thanks for your great job guys, this is a really nice piece of software.

(maybe some suggest can reflect some knowledge deficience but i just didn't cover all teh software to masterize it. The reason is just because plesk is one of our many tools and i cannot spend all the time i want to cover all . If you have maybe some hint that you think could help me to resolve some of the aspect i put in my suggest list, email me or send me a pv message. It will be very usefull to me and my co worker :)

Originally posted by Xeno
Five Features:

-Access to the controlpanel via controlpanel.mydomain.com URL rather than URL's that my clients never remember.

this is fixable on the skeleton file, i use a folder called /plesk inside of it i add a index.php with header redirection.

-Unlimited subdomains.. I've been told that subdomains count towards the Plesk license, which IMHO is rather cheesy

Never had the chance to test this but i dont think it is true.

-Better Application Support: There needs to be a better delivery system from sw-soft to enable application upgrades etc. Application upgrades should be isolated from feature upgrades. It's been around 2 YEARS since MySQL 4.0 has been out, and we're still yet to see Plesk supporting it.. How sad is that?

ART (Atomic rocket turtle) does the trick, i have been using ART rpm's since I started my hosting business(1 year and some months ago) and i have never had a problem.

I lose about 5 customers a month because of the lack of MySQL 4.x support.

-Privilege Support during database user creation

-Ability to remove "register"/"extras" buttons from non-admin controlpanels

First time to these fora and using 7.1.6

If any of you guys believe that any of my suggestions are fixed or have workarounds, please let me know.

Cheers.

Regards,

Originally posted by smtalk
In my opinion, better change is:

<Directory /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts>
GroupOwner psacln
HideNoAccess On
HideGroup root
</Directory>

Because when you use HideUser, then you can't see subdomains, error_docs and other important directories.

The private directory is in group root so the user won't be able to see their own private directory. :)

drwx------ 2 fc root 4096 Jan 27 21:21 private/

1) Support for any other MTA besides qmail, but Exim preferred.
2) Ability to modify webalizer settings per domain.
3) MySQL v4.1
4) ClamAV support

If I have to pick from that list then here are my choices:
#1 - Domain aliasing (with email@aliaseddomain support)
#2 - Multiple FTP logins (with restrictive access for some FTP logins to certain directories and/or sub-domains)
#3 - Fix/update SpamAssassin (Select All on training page for one thing). See all posts regarding SpamAssassin
#4 - The ability to choose between different virus scanner backends such as clamAV, f-prot, etc., and have the email virus scanning icon appear if you have any of them enabled not just for dr.web. Dr. Web bites anyway.
#5 - "Live Support" addon option in the CP. Like an IRC chat window in the CP where sessioned clients could interact with logged in admin or support staff.
Okay, I couldn't just stick to 5, I saw this one and though it would be a nice feature:
#6- Password Revealer, show to admin/client/domain/mail any password under their control, like FTP, mail, DB, PLESK etc.

Back