• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Top 5 wanted features

Originally posted by devindull
Adding AWSTATS is the stupidest mistake. AWSTATs is the primary way you get hacked, no matter if you are running concurrent data or not.

You could easily hide awstats behind a password protected directory, or within Plesk itself so that even if it is vulnerable, it can't be reached from outside.

or just create static pages, and put the cgi out of web access.

Originally posted by Pagemakers
1) Better backup with user updatable "offline page" while backing up.
2) Abillity to add SA words via the CP.
3) Forward emails to multiple users.
4) Multi FTP accounts per domain.
5) Errr

Forwarding emails to multiple users is already there, its called an email group. Create a group using the parent email address then add any other email addresses mail should go to, to this group.

Ability to set a forwarding email address for SA to report to spamcop, as SA is fine but reporting them and getting thier IP's added to the RBL will prevent the spammers from eating up your CPU and bandwidth.

How about a module for modernbill or other billing solutions so that customers and admin can login and check the billing from PLESK?

This could also include proper sync of usernames, passwords, bandwidth usuage, and used/unused IP's.

Again, PHP under su_exec or Hardened-PHP.

Mod_Security addon, for editing and updating rules from PLESK?

I agree on all the features listed on this thread!

Plesk has big potential but SW-Soft keeps ignoring us all!

1) ClamAV support
2) Possible DB prefix (see my other post in Suggestions and Feedback)
3) I personally prefer postfix over qmail

Another trio of things that piss me off:

1. PSA 4 Windows supports AWstats
2. PSA 4 Windows supports ClamAV
3. PSA 4 Linux supports neither

I understand there are separate development teams working, but AWstats and ClamAV are much more common on Linux/*nix systems, yet they are not implemented. That's a shame.

The prefix idea is good, it should be applied do databases and also to FTP accounts (for sub-domains and web users).

As for Postfix vs Qmail vs Exim vs Whatever, i'd prefer if Plesk sticks with just one, and focus on that. The base qmail package is kinda limited, that's a fact, and patches and add-ons are needed to create a full solution (contrary to Postfix or others that support a lot out of the box). However, it's still a "keep it simple" solution. It works, it's small, it's fast, it does not break, and it's secure.

functionality vs simplicity

Originally posted by superbock
The base qmail package is kinda limited, that's a fact, and patches and add-ons are needed to create a full solution (contrary to Postfix or others that support a lot out of the box). However, it's still a "keep it simple" solution. It works, it's small, it's fast, it does not break, and it's secure.

I have been running qmail on plesk now for about 3 months and have had it stop processing mail twice now.

i have also been running postfix for about 4 years on some other boxes and have had it stop processing mail maybe 2 or 3 times. and even then it was because i have the boxes doing autoupdates via cron-apt.

small and simple is fine till finish the sentence with limited and lacking needed features.
BTW, postfix is just as fast and as secure as qmail, its just easier to administer than qmail and more standardized

1) CPU usage per domain
2) Language Choice
3) Multiple FTP accounts
4) Tomcat 5.5
5) Choice between PHP4 and 5

Add the ability to allow remot MySQL connections, I always forget to mention this but the option inside Plesk would be welcomed :)

I would like an admin option to define a MOTD (Message of the Day) on the PSA login-frontpage.

I would love to have a better "service management" page where i can restart ssh, xinetd(for proftpd).

su_php i have lots of problems regarding file uploads with my clients.

i can live without the rest...

Originally posted by Cranky
Try to keep it to FIVE please.

No ! No limiting to 5.
Why should we? Why does Plesk give all this fancy options to Windoze Plesk? And not to *NIX ?
I also have the latest Plesk for Windoze running. And it got even more nice options.
Why??

Originally posted by nickpick
No ! No limiting to 5.
Why should we?

I created THIS thread for all your suggestions, but the top 5 thread for your top 5 suggestions so we can get a feel for what features are most needed (this thread) and what would simply be nice (other thread).

Two things I'd really like to see are

1) Being able to have 2 domains for one website...
Like I have website.com, i'd like website.net & website.org all point to the same website and other features. Oh and in general like normal apache, flexibility to do stuff like http://website.com/~user, be user.website.com as well... Basically alot more flexibility in aliasing locations in apache

2) Ability to have anonymous ftp regardless of exclusive IP or not.

3) Much easier installation!

Back