• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Top 5 Web Presence Builder features you like / dislike

custer

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone.

We are very interested in your opinion about what are the top 5 existing WPB features that you like and, subsequently, top 5 existing WPB features you don't like. It would be great to hear your voice on this topic, especially if you can provide some explanation about why you like or dislike certain product features.

Looking forward to your input so we can make WPB better!

Here's some likes / feature requests from our developers that use Web Presence Builder.

What I like about WPB:
- the new overlay images for the backgrounds
- expanded font selection (would like to improve this by allowing the user to add any Google font)
- like the feature that once you change the keywords and description, they are changed on every page and you don't have to go back through and edit every page.
- snapshots of your entire site
- ease of editing and moving blocks

Improvements to WPB:
- Have some control over the css (borders on images, line spacing, margins, padding, etc)
- Expand the menu capability by allowing links as menu items
- Allow more than 3 columns side by side
- Add a few more header/style options for text (h3,h4, etc)
- Add the capability to duplicate pages/blocks
- Add improved border graphics for the site, like allowing for a single line border or fade around the entire site
- the ability to restore a single page. I realize you can save/restore snapshots of the whole site, but sometimes you need to restore just a single page. When doing a restore, maybe WPB could prompt you to restore the whole site or select a certain page. Examples of where this could be used -- you ran a sale and the sale is now over OR you're editing a page and really messed it up.

I dislike that:
It is not possible resize the image: reduce the KB.
it is not possible use a MultiLanguage website
There isn't an archive for image uploaded
There isnt' a mobile version (like weebly for example)
It's not possible change layout for different pages

I like:
the system drag and drop
the backup system
the version system
Gallery
Slider

I am using PIL to resize the images there by converting larger images to smaller ones. Are there any standard ways to reduce the file size of the image without losing the quality too much, lets say the original size of the image is 100KB, i want to get it down to like 5 or 10 KB especially for png and jpeg formats.

1) Biggest thing would be really really good if we could have easier access to the CSS file for each website.
2) Disable some features from the control server control panel. Would love to hide the disable button. My clients don't want to change their designs, they want to update their information and add images, etc.
3) Make it compatiable with IE 11.

- Content Management: Easy handling for customers by click and drag&drop
- Access: Via Hosting Control Panel, i.e. no separate login needed
- PHP script module
- Snapshots: Versioning
- Search engine friendly URLs

Dislikes:
- Design limitations => Make CSS editable, make page-specific modules available in header
- Images => Make images managable in an archive, similar to 'documents'
- Blog => Add newsfeed capabilities and publish/unpublish timing function
- Localisation => Provide facilities for multi-language websites
- Move+Copying => Make it easy to move and copy modules to another page, e.g. a gallery module
- Releases => Make it more independable from Plesk release schedule

HI.. The hosting provider still has version 11.01.10 so i am way behind and no date in sight for upgrading..

Additional improvement feature:

- An image library to store pictures. So when you're editing and want to insert a picture, give the user a choice of an existing image in the library or the option to upload a new image.

1. It is not possible resize the image
2. Faster support for new versions of browsers and cpanel
3. More stylish themes (like the designer themes that exist)
4. Very often somebody complains about mobile site not working and reason usually is that it just doesn’t look good according to them. Some ways to modify it would be good. Also the navigation could be rather a drop down menu or then as an option for mobile sites like in http://theme-fusion.com/avada/ If you check the mobile version there.

+ versioning
+ easy to edit theme
+ drag and drop
+ SEO

I would like to add forms to the part that should be improved quickly.

Now they are way too simple. They don't even contain some simple things like radio buttons or checkboxes. People asking for them all the time.

1. It is not possible resize the image
2. Faster support for new versions of browsers and cpanel
3. More stylish themes (like the designer themes that exist)
4. Very often somebody complains about mobile site not working and reason usually is that it just doesn’t look good according to them. Some ways to modify it would be good. Also the navigation could be rather a drop down menu or then as an option for mobile sites like in http://theme-fusion.com/avada/ If you check the mobile version there.

+ versioning
+ easy to edit theme
+ drag and drop
+ SEO

Hi everyone.

We are very interested in your opinion about what are the top 5 existing WPB features that you like and, subsequently, top 5 existing WPB features you don't like. It would be great to hear your voice on this topic, especially if you can provide some explanation about why you like or dislike certain product features.

Looking forward to your input so we can make WPB better!

One of the most appealing components of WPB are Topics.

Please make creating topics easier - preferably from the browser.

Currently, to Create a new Topic, the provider has to get involved in the server file system. This is not recommended strategy for those without the server skills - or just doesn't have the time.

Please provide more 'SPECIAL' Design templates created by designers. Our customers love them!

- PHP script module

Dislikes:
- Design limitations => Make CSS editable, make page-specific modules available in header
- Move+Copying => Make it easy to move and copy modules to another page, e.g. a gallery module

These could be the best web presence builder features likes and dislikes. I'm all about it. Anyways many thanks for sharing with us.

- PHP script module

Dislikes:

These could be the best web presence builder features likes and dislikes. I'm all about it. Anyways many thanks for sharing with us.

- PHP script module

Dislikes:

It's useful info shared by you, Cheers.

I think WPB is a great tool that is very user-friendly for clients who are not terribly technical.

Menus. Could we have some menu improvements?:
  • Ability to put separators, e.g. | or line between if the menu is in a sidebar
  • Better level 2/3 menu operation on ipads when menu is in side bar - there are many times these do not work when many level 1s have level 2 menus. I can build a demo to show Parallels if they are not aware of it
  • Ability to select whatever pages to include in a navigation module. We may have some text in a sidebar and under that have only the level 2 menus from a single Level 1 item, and have them there even when that Level 1 is not selected. This might, for example, be sectors in which the client works that are relevant no matter which page they are on. Or perhaps a link to a Contact Page showing no matter which page a visitor is on.

Gallery picture titles on iphone. On iPhones, when you look at the Gallery pictures, the title and sub-title do not show. Can this be rectified?

Image slider. If a website has content area is liquid, filling 80% of screen for example and an image slider is put in containing pictures 450 wide, when viewed on a large screen, it makes the whole image massive - filling in the content width (if the module is full-width). Can it be made so that the pictures are never displayed larger than the image itself or it becomes totally pixellated?

Image clicking in text/image module. Many websites that have images in body text allow you to click on the image and see it larger. Can this be incorporated, in essence allowing editor to specify the size of the desired picture as now, but allowing the visitor then to click the picture and see it full-size? Must be fairly easy to implement as the gallery module allows that. I want to be able to do this with pictures that are in a text/images module.

Website Accessibility. Please can there be an automated setting we can include (like Cookies) which allows us to select it which then gives the visitor a "Font" icon so that they can see it bigger if they are hard of sight. I think that it may soon be mandatory in some countries to have to comply with that sort of thing.

Sitemap. Please can you include a module where we show the websites Sitemap but not in the complex xml format - in essence listing all pages in their menu structure as long as they are not hidden. We have to create them manually and then remember to amend them frequently if anything is changed.

Last edited:
I my opinion the biggest advantange of WPB is the simplicity of website creation. This in fact can be also a disadvantage for more advanced users, but overall it's a very good piece of software.

What I dislike, is the lack of image enlarging within the webpage (coolemail2 has pointed this out).

Things I do NOT like

1. I do not like the fact that when you have a menu in the sidebar, it is placed at the bottom of the page when viewing the mobile version. I have to create two menus and hide one on the web version and the other on the mobile version as people naturally expect the collapsed menu button to be at the top of the page when viewing the mobile version of the website. I would love this to be improved in Plesk 12.

2. The sub menus on the mobile version are very temperamental. These need to be improved and looked into as sometimes when clicking a sub menu link it takes you to the wrong page. Maybe this is to do with the x and y co-ordinates/layers. Even though problems are slightly different when holding the device landscape or portrait.

3. The ability to create more professional looking menu bars. They are basic menu items that look a bit from the 90's.

1. One and the most dislike so far: If I want to use the same image in many places of my site (e.g. an icon), I have to upload it again and again as many times as it appears on the site. Waste of time and space. Really no way out?

Back