• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Total mailboxes quota (not supported by the mail server)

McSchwaiger

New Pleskian
Hi there,

we are using Plesk 8.6 for many month and everything works perfect.

Now we have ordered a new server with Plesk 9.3 (Win Server 2008).
On Domain -> Resource Usage is promted "Total mailboxes quota (not supported by the mail server)".
Mailenable Professional 5 is installed.
Where can I see the Quota of all Mailboxes?

On Plesk 8.6 with the same Mailserver the total mailbox quota is promted without problems.

Is there a workaround?

Best regards from Germany,
Stefan

Only supported Merak and SmarterMail mail servers allow Domain Total Mailboxes Quota configuration. Other mail servers don't support.

Ok...

Is it possible to breakdown the overall quota of a domain in the space that is used by
- httpdocs
- mail
- database
in Plesk 9.3?

In 8.6 it is possible and it's a very useful feature in my opinion.

See attached 3 screenshots of 8.6 (hosting, mail usage, mysql usage) and in 9.3.
It is the same Domain after migration. As you can see the mail and database quota is not listed.

Attachments

• hosting 86.png
    hosting 86.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Mail usage 86.png
    Mail usage 86.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 4
  • mysql 86.png
    mysql 86.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Resource Usage 93.png
    Resource Usage 93.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi IgorG,

Since we are not in a position to use the above mentioned mail servers, kindly advise how to solve or avoid similar type ( An error occurred while updating domain settings: Total mailboxes quota is not supported by the mail server
) of errors..

we have received so many errors of these type while migrating the plesk with mail enable server (from 2003 with plesk 8.1 to 2008 R2 Plesk 10.2), some of the errors are listed below

==
An error occurred while updating domain settings: Total mailboxes quota is not supported by the mail server
==
An error occurred while updating domain settings: Cannot set non-existing mail user handling: Bounce mode not supported
==

Please let us know whether there is any problem if we ignore it, Also guide us whether we can avoid occurrence of similar errors..

Awaiting your reply at the earliest..

Thank you,
Sujith Chand

If anyone needs to know MailEnable is implementing Domain Quotas in the next minor or one after this date. It will need to be configured in the ME Admin MMC under the Post Office Properties. Some time in the future after that Plesk may look to implement this into their control panel settings.

If anyone needs to know MailEnable is implementing Domain Quotas in the next minor or one after this date. It will need to be configured in the ME Admin MMC under the Post Office Properties. Some time in the future after that Plesk may look to implement this into their control panel settings.

Thank you for cooperation very useful information. I will forward it to responsible person in Parallels.

I just talked to developers to make sure they had the feature accessible via the MailEnable API which it will be after release into ME. I know you guys will be a while off, as are we for this integration into Plesk but at least the back end will be ready to go when everything lines up for inclusion. Someone from MailEnable will let you know about this implementation at this time.

Cheers Igor.

Back