• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Traffic usage and e-mail notifications

MariuszB

Basic Pleskian
I have two problems but I think they're connected.

First is traffic usage counting. I'm limiting only client - all domains have no any limits. Client disk usage is summary domains disk usage but traffic is zero in client view. In clients traffic list traffic count is correct but sorting not working good.

Second problem is e-mail notifications - they completly not working. Plesk send nothing, but a few weeks after installation everything was fine.

50plesk-daily is running very very long but without errors (I think). Maybe this is a couse?

My system is Debian. Plesk v 9.5.4.

BTW Sorry for my bad English.

Did you try to find a reason of problem with notifications in main Plesk maillog /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog ?

I have the exact same problem. I reported it six days ago asking for help, and nothing has happened as yet although I am supposed to wait yet another 26hrs for a response.

I believe this started at the same time as the Watchdog issue (http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=107769). I am not sure if or how the two issues may be related, but since the start 2011 we have had many problems. For Plesk it is Y2K+11 bug.

Symptoms:
1. If a domain exceeds its Traffic limits, no email is sent to anyone no matter what the notification settings. We have both admin and client that are supposed to be notified. Prior to 2011 it worked fine. Disc space limits *seem* to work as before.
2. If a client exceeds their traffic limits, no email is sent to anyone (same story as with domains). Also traffic is 0 - see below.
3. When you look at individual domains Plesk correctly displays their Traffic and their traffic usage is displayed in Red if they have exceeded their limits. But when you list domains (as admin click on the link to Domains on the top left) the traffic usage is correctly listed but no domain is shown as exceeding its limits even if some domains have in fact exceeded their limits.
4. Clicking on Traffic to sort domains by traffic does not work correctly. It shows them in some kind of random order.
5. When you look at individual clients their traffic is always shown as 0.0 i.e. no client is using any traffic according to Plesk.

So basically at this point any client can exceed their traffic limits and any domain can exceed its traffic limits and no one will get notified (by Plesk at any rate).

If I run the following as root (this is the Plesk daily cron) it immediately finishes with no errors. autoreport.php is what is supposed to report on limits and send emails.

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto daily

Linux 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 17:53:09 EST 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
9.3.0 CentOS 5 93100518.16
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<patches>
<product id="plesk" version="9.3.0">
<patch version="7" timestamp="" />
</product>
</patches>

Thanks! I did multiple searches on the Plesk forums and using Google but I never saw either of these. I'll try them and report back again here. I wonder why Plesk support could not tell me about these articles before you.

Back